I have been using a QNAP 469u-RP as storage of my MC200.
I want to expand my storage, can I only connect a QNAP expansion storage with Intel processor, or can I use now another type of QNAP because QPKG will already work from the QNAP mentioned above?
G65, UHD722, MS600, MS200, RoonLabs, F80, Marantz SR7015, DALI Opticon MK II 11.2
Unfortunately I have not opportunity to try out another NAS. Regarding the discs, I haven't tried bigger discs. But I would like to have another NAS somewhere so I have redundancy, and maybe bigger storage.
G65, UHD722, MS600, MS200, RoonLabs, F80, Marantz SR7015, DALI Opticon MK II 11.2
Meridian streaming systems can now take advantage of the flexibility and reliability of a range of QNAP network-attached storage (NAS) systems. QNAP storage systems that use x86 CPUs are compatible with Meridian systems, with the addition of QPKG software for QNAP systems provided by Meridian. In addition, your Meridian streaming system needs to be running software v2.359 or higher.
These series are supported: TS-x69L Series ( We use the TS669L in our demo) TS-x51 Series TS-x70 Pro Series
You can increase your raid group size by replacing each disk one at a time with a bigger one and allowing it to rebuild, here is a link with instructions. You could then buy another NAS and use RSYNC or RTRR to move the data over giving you two copies, I advise a separate backup on a USB disk as well, remember: to quote HH Crion "RAID IS NOT BACKUP"!.
Meridian streaming systems can now take advantage of the flexibility and reliability of a range of QNAP network-attached storage (NAS) systems. QNAP storage systems that use x86 CPUs are compatible with Meridian systems, with the addition of QPKG software for QNAP systems provided by Meridian. In addition, your Meridian streaming system needs to be running software v2.359 or higher.
These series are supported: TS-x69L Series ( We use the TS669L in our demo) TS-x51 Series TS-x70 Pro Series
All the best
PerS
Do you happen to know if the x59L or x59 Pro QNAP NAS's work?
For instance, the 659 Pro has an Intel Atom 1.8GHz Dual Core. The 269L that I'm currently using has an Intel Atom 1.86GHz Dual Core.
Cheers, Ian
1: Roon on Mac Studio, G-Drive 10TB, 818v3, 7200.2, UHD722, LG 77G4 2. 808.6, 8kSE 3. 218, 3200's 4: Rivian R1T - 18 speaker 1200W Elevation by Meridian premium sound system 5. G68ADV (croaked), G98DH (also croaked), [HD621, Syles SL-S/PDIF, MD600 (2*4TB), QNAP 469L (4*3TB), MS200], Ayre MX-R Twenties, TBD
in theory, the software developer (Meridian) could/would have to port their software to the ARM processor and get it populated in whatever SW repository (debian or whatever) that it is installed from. Meridian could say that restricting the architecture to Intel reduces the developers current & future commitments to things like fixing Sooloos core features and the CD import metadata server.
Each Sooloos store provides part of the Sooloos database, so more than just audio track data. As well as implementing the propitiatory Sooloos file storage protocols it also runs as a web server assisting the Sooloos database.
My guess would be that Meridian either decided to support Intel only to keep things simple as previously suggested or that they found/anticipated performance/technical issues with the Arm based units that they decided would most easily be dealt with by specifying a minimum specification ie Intel.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).