logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 59
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 59
Since nobody are writing about the new firmware that was released beginning of this week, I take the opportunity to start the thread smile

My setup is a simple 2.0, but consist of DSP8000.2 (SL) and 818v2. The first impression for me were the functions that's were added to the menus. Finally, I can turn EBA on/off from the menu while playing Sooloos. EBA has been discussed a lot here before and hearing the difference is BIG.

Another function where the Startup Volume, maybe not a must for everyone, but I call it a safety feature for your speakers and ears :P

My 818v2 were Slave before due to IR delay, but now I had to use it as Master for the EBA control. The volume response seems to be faster now than before.

By adding more features, I feel M has done a great job again laugh


Meridian owner since 2012
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Good to hear, must get mine updated, although sadly my speakers are not EBA compatible anyway wink


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Good to hear your install was successful. This gives me confidence to proceed with firmware upgrade.
Hector


AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by 3dit0r
Good to hear, must get mine updated, although sadly my speakers are not EBA compatible anyway wink
James,

I bet they sound awful as a result... wink

Hope the 6ks OK.


Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.

Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Originally Posted by dpstjp
I bet they sound awful as a result... wink

Haha, yeah - almost unlistenable wink


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 59
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 59
Forgot to tell about the Source Legends feature.
Really nice now to have "Oppo" standing in the DSP8k's displays instead of "DVD". Nice feature :P


Meridian owner since 2012
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 38
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 38
Can the source legends be changed from the front panel setup on the 818? Or do you have to use the Setup program? I think the latter, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks!


Main System: MD600 & Sonos Connect -> 818v2 -> DSP5200SE+DSW SUB
Alternate Main System: Sonos Connect AMP -> Dynaudio Contour 1.3 SE speakers + Sonos SUB
Kitchen: Sonos Play:1
Bathroom: Sonos Play:1
Bedroom: Sonos Play:3
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 59
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 59
It has to be done from the M Config on the PC smile


Meridian owner since 2012
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 158
Likes: 8
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 158
Likes: 8
I have just updated the firmware on my 818v2.

Firstly, I thought I'd screwed up the update as I lost a lot of the menu items. These had reverted back to 'HIDING'.

In the 'set-up' mode there are more options to hide/show more/less data.

The headphone mode saves turning down the volume... which I always thought would be a nice to have but never mentioned... nice touch.

The new start-up volume setting is great... been caught out a few times with music blasting out at 65.

One strange thing I've noticed on my system is that the sweet spot is now 4" further forward.

I think I read somewhere that the tweeter cross-over had also been tweaked... I could be wrong... this would explain something sounding different.

The only thing I've altered is entering the room height, which I couldn't enter before (not sure if this makes much of a difference).

This worried me at first but just moving my head forward got the magic back.

I need to either move speakers closer or reduce toe-in. I currently have mine set-up so I can just about see the inner sides... for greater detail placement.

I need to play about with the positions to decide what I prefer.

I've not looked into the other changes available through the config but the source labelling is another nice detail to have.

Just my findings

Darren

P.S. I haven't updated to DSP software yet... one change at a time.


Music Room: 818v3, DSP8000SE (SpeakerLink cables), iPad control
Shunyata Denali Power Distributor, fed by SIgma NR V2 + Sigma digital(818) + 2x Alpha NR(DSP8000SE)
Network Acoustics ENO filter + Rubicon Switch(powered by IFI IPower Elite)

Office: Stax SRS2020 via ifi Signature
Spare: DSP5200 + MC200

Running Roon Core on SonicTransporter
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Originally Posted by Dappad
I think I read somewhere that the tweeter cross-over had also been tweaked... I could be wrong... this would explain something sounding different.
This is controlled by the DSP firmware not the 818 firmware.

People have noted a change in sweet spot and the need to tow in when running the latest DSP firmware with EBA activated.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
MB Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
Originally Posted by Dappad
The only thing I've altered is entering the room height, which I couldn't enter before (not sure if this makes much of a difference).
As I understand it, room height control is limited to M6s (downward facing bass driver).

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Is it applicable to DSW, since their driver faces down too?


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (swpnt, TKimages, JCD), 273 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.061s Queries: 40 (0.027s) Memory: 0.8889 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:02:07 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS