|
|
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 11
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 11 |
Hi,
I have been lurking around the HH forums for a few months since I had my first Meridian audition at a local PP and decided that Meridian was the right sound for me. It's been quite a journey and I have changed my mind several times regarding which setup is the right one for me.
These forums and wealth of knowledge they contain have been an invaluable source of information. Being new to active speakers and Meridian it took a little while to properly understand what all the components did but I think I finaly have a grasp on the basics - enough anyway to have made a decision about what to include in my initial system.
If I have completed my profile correctly my system components should be there in my signature. My budget won't stretch to the reference products but I have tried to give myself future upgrade options without the need to sell (give away to my children) the whole setup and start again !
2 channel audio and media streaming are my principle requirements right now but I will want to expand into surround sound music and video at some point in the future.
Anyway I thought I would like to say a general hello and a big thanks to all who post here for all the help and information.
I have on-going renovation work so it will be a few weeks before I will get my system fully up and running but it's something I am really looking forward to.
Happy days Phil
#1 G65, 2x 5200SE, MS600, MD600 (2*2TB RAID 1). #2 MS200.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
Hi Phil,
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.
Looking at your sig. box that's a great system and gives you a lot of scope to expand. Enjoy.
Did you (will you) set it up yourself?
Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
Hi Phil, welcome to the forum, you have a nice system to enjoy there. Chris 
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87 |
Welcome and congrats on your new system. That is a terrific 2chn setup will plenty of options to go multi -channel if and when you need.
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 37
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 37 |
Hi All,
I'd like to echo Phil's sentiments regarding the forum. I'd been interested in Meridian for a while, but it was lurking around this forum and the peoples views here that made me finally decide to head to the dealers and demo the kit.
Once I heard it, I was hooked and have now bought into the Meridian ecosystem - although the speakers are still sitting in my PP's warehouse waiting to deliver to my new house when it's complete.
Thanks all - and no doubt I'll have a fair few questions to ask as I try to get it all set up and buy extra bits...
Matt
#1 - MC200 1TB, G91DH DAB, DSP5200, DSP5200HC #2 - Explorer2, UE900
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4 |
Welcome and enjoy the music!
Soundserge
Antipodes CX + Roon, 818v3, DSP 7200SEs, 218, DSP3200s
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174 Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
|
|
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174 Likes: 171 |
Welcome! That's a fab initial setup - 5200SEs, very nice. Sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of those boxes before you feel any need to upgrade  James
HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES 2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports. Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171 Likes: 59
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171 Likes: 59 |
All I can do is echo the sentiments of those before me; Welcome to the forum, and what a great system! No starting off at the bottom with some old 2nd hand bits!
We are currently mid renovations too, so if your experiences match ours, you have my sympathy!
Enjoy.
Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro. Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs
Meridian owner since 1998
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791 |
Welcome +1
(just curious, why the G65?)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 702 Likes: 13
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 702 Likes: 13 |
Welcome, and happy listening!
Cheers, Ian
1: Roon on Mac Studio, G-Drive 10TB, 818v3, 7200.2, UHD722, LG 77G4 2. 808.6, 8kSE 3. 218, 3200's 4: Rivian R1T - 18 speaker 1200W Elevation by Meridian premium sound system 5. G68ADV (croaked), G98DH (also croaked), [HD621, Syles SL-S/PDIF, MD600 (2*4TB), QNAP 469L (4*3TB), MS200], Ayre MX-R Twenties, TBD
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 909 Likes: 2
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 909 Likes: 2 |
(just curious, why the G65?) What's your recommendation? 861v8?
HT: Audiocom LX800CE, MP-60,HOLO MAY*2 Analogue speaker(LRC), DSP5200SL (side), DSP7200SE (rear),AntimodeX4,JTR Cap4000ULF*2,Christie HD8C,GIK Bass Traps.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791 |
No just wondering with 2 speakers and an MS600, you could go direct to speakers, that's all.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
193
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|