DSP5200 As you may be aware, owners of DSP5200s with Serial Numbers that start #1 or #2 are unable to take advantage of the new Special Edition upgrades for their loudspeakers.
During the Roadshow events, we met many customers who are in this situation and we were asked whether there was anything that we could do to help them Trade In their Loudspeakers.
As a result, we have looked at what we can do and have decided that we will be able to give you some support to help with this Trade In.
DSP5200HC For those of you that own a DSP5200HC with Serial Number #140450 or below, we have put the support in place for these also.
For more details, please feel free to contact any of our Boutiques or Premium Partners who will be happy to give you more information.
Please note that this additional support runs from now till the end of May 2014.
I have whiplash from first feeling that M slammed the door in my face with the initial implementation of the Premier Partner closing the door to communication to this amazing openness and reaction.
Wow again and aloha!
Oh yes, and mahalo nui loa!!!
Home: DSP8000's, DSP5500HC, DSP5200's, 861v6>v8+ID41, MC200, HD621. Oppo BDP-83, Kuro PDP-6020FD, Sennheiser HD650. Hawaii: Meridian F80 with i80, iPod Classic 160GB.
I can confirm that this Trade In Promotion is available in all Overseas markets, so please contact your local Premium Partner and they will be able to give you more details.
Just to confirm is this a trade in to full SE speakers including the new clamp ring? If so is there a trade in for owners of newer 5200s instead of just an upgrade which does not include the clamp rings?
As I read it this is 'special trade-in assistance' for just those early 5200 models. Ie the models that could not be upgraded and were therefore felt to be at a disadvantage.
Trade-in of later models has always been an option and this can be discussed with a dealer directly. I think some HH have been going this route already. M have not offered any ' special assistance' on those but talking to a dealer usually yields something useful.
Thanks. Looking at the prices I am struggling to see the advantage in upgrading when I know that my PP will look after me and for a little bit more I can have full SE specification speakers rather than compromise. I know it will be a minor difference but spending that amount on an upgrade knowing that the results would be less than full SE specification would play on my mind.
Was just being hopeful I guess. Nothing left to do then but audition.
Just to clarify, the answer to your question was Yes.
The options are:
A: older 5200 -> trade in to all-new 5200SE (original, with clamp rings) B: newer 5200 -> your 5200s upgraded (without clamp rings) C: newer 5200 -> trade in to all-new 5200SE (original, with clamp rings)
A was always possible but now Meridian has organised a special deal. The financial details are probably still incumbent on the precise condition of your 5200s.
B has a list price which may or may not be subject to discount
C was also always possible, and is a matter of negotiation with your dealer (the new SE speakers obviously have a list price, but there is the issue of trade-in price (age, condition) and any possible discount).
Note: while the cost difference between trade-in and upgrade for later 5200s is likely to be relatively small, the difference for bigger speakers will be commensurately bigger, so it's certainly good that there's an upgrade option, and they didn't force everyone into a trade-in!
An interesting demo would be 5200SE vs 7200.2, not much difference in price but I suspect a big difference in sound. 7200.2s then give you the option to further upgrade to SEs in the future should you wish...