logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#201760 2013-11-23 21:57
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 218
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 218
Likes: 2
I've just had my 861 upgraded to v8. However, when I come to perform the calibration process the processor powers up at my default volume level (55) rather than the calibration level (87). Obviously this makes calibration impossible.

The only way I've been able to calibrate the system is to artificially set the startup level at 87; calibrate; and then lower the level back to my preferred value.

I've never had to do this in the past the system used to enter calibration at 87 regardless of what the startup level was.

Is this an experience others have had? Has something gone wrong with the upgrade?

Additionally I note that when cycling through the menus I get 'Missing IA04' displayed despite the fact that the card is physically present and what's more appears to work - or at least an analogue source connected to it produces output.

Thoughts anyone?

Regards

Graham


Meridian Owner since 1991
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
MB Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
Hi Graham, exactly the same problem with calibrating on an 861v8. I also set startup volume (at 75). Not brilliant really.

Last edited by Carl; 2013-11-23 23:04. Reason: Irrelevant comment removed
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Gparrington
Additionally I note that when cycling through the menus I get 'Missing IA04' displayed despite the fact that the card is physically present and what's more appears to work - or at least an analogue source connected to it produces output.
I noticed by chance the other day that Config lets you insert a second IA04. Is it possible you told Config you had two other them by mistake? (Just asking�)


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (swpnt, Maxwell98), 545 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.045s Queries: 21 (0.021s) Memory: 0.8313 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 14:09:17 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS