logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#198320 2013-10-08 04:52
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 22
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 22
I attempted to rip a CD using my C15's drive. Upon inserting the C15 announced that no storage was available. Seemed odd since I use a TwinStore for all storage. I had been out of town for several weeks and had just turned both of them on. I am guessing that the C15 had not found the TwinStore, hence the no storage available message.

I restarted the C15, but it won't read the disk and I can't get it to eject using a paperclip in hole under the drive.

Is there another way to force an eject or a rip? I really don't want to send it in for service. I do want my CD back. I normally rip using dBpoweramp, but this time I was taking the convenient route and using the C15.


System #1: Control:10 and TwinStore.
System #2: Control:15 and Ensemble
Surf123 #198323 2013-10-08 05:20
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 263
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 263
Have you tried powering the C15 down and backup again?
This will cause the C15 to attempt to kick out the CD from the drive.


Neil
Surf123 #198332 2013-10-08 11:53
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 257
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 257
Use manual eject - there is a small hole below the CD input.
Use a paper clip to force the CD out.


Geir

861v8, 504, 2*DSP8OOO.2, 4*DSP5200, F80, Barco CineVersum Blackwing two, DVDO VP50Pro, Sooloos Control-15 & Twinstore, Oppo-BDP103EU,
HD621, Dune HD Base 3.0, Apple TV, Mac Mini
Geir Haug #198362 2013-10-08 20:37
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 22
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 22
As noted in the original post I tried that and it did not work.


System #1: Control:10 and TwinStore.
System #2: Control:15 and Ensemble
Voyager #198363 2013-10-08 20:39
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 22
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Voyager
Have you tried powering the C15 down and backup again?
I tried this several times including once where I unplugged it from the wall for a few minutes before powering it back up. The drive may have failed, but I will say that when the disc was inserted the C15 sucked it in, read it, but then noted that no storage was available.

At this point I am forced to go in to retrieve it. A lot of screws to remove though.


System #1: Control:10 and TwinStore.
System #2: Control:15 and Ensemble
Surf123 #198367 2013-10-08 21:59
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Some times you just have to go in with all guns blazing!

Good luck!


1) MS200, G65, Revivers, DSP5000.2, DSP5000C.2, DSP3100, D1500, SME10/IV.

2) Mac Mini (Roon), Explorer 2, Sennheiser HD6XX.
Neil H #198387 2013-10-09 00:10
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821
Likes: 94
Before you go in with all guns blazing. Power everything down. Power up store first etc, then finally power up C15 that has disc still ingested. I had a similar problem recently after power outage and my C15 finally returned the disc after being powered up last in the chain. The problem has not repeated.
Hector


AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD.
DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG.
STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i
HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini
A capella to Zydeco
Hector #231558 2015-03-14 17:21
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 188
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 188

Just suffered my first stuck CD in C15 and followed the guidance here and can report that this seems to have worked for me too and the C15 eventually coughed up the disc.

Mark


- Turbo Power
G61RSL, Oppo BDP93, HD621, DSP5200SE, DSP5200HCSE, M6, DSW & Explorer 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Colin Triggs, Carl), 286 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.045s Queries: 31 (0.022s) Memory: 0.8589 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:47:51 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS