logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
I am not sure whether this is a bug or bad metadata on the source files and/or whether this has been previously reported.

I was importing a batch of MP3 albums and have noticed that duplicates are not detected during the import. Had a few mis-named albums in different sub-directories. When I imported the top directory, it loaded them twice (I had checked the 'do not import duplicates' box). This does not happen if that album was already previously imported.

From my point of view, the 'export' bug is worse. I set focus, selected 'all', hit 'export'. What I received was :

Artist-name-directory
Album-name-directory
01 TrackA.MP3
01 TrackA1.MP3
02 TrackB.MP3
02 TrackB1.MP3 ....

I.e. Tracks are doubled.

Moral of the story for me : import in smaller batches; be careful before hitting 'accept & import' smile


Main : C15, MD600, Aurender N10, EMM DAC2X, Boulder 865, Oppo BDP-95, JM Labs Maestro Utopia
Office : PC, Resonessence Invicta, HD800
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
When I have seen that behaviour it has been due to there being 2 albums that are very much the same but not identical. Therefore import does not detect duplicate BUT when you export and see the files exported into folders by album name they appear to double up.

I expect that you imported a large folder and didn't do much validation of the import. You can either do that as you import or afterwards....either way it has to be done to prevent the result you see.

hope that helps


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
Thanks Nick.

I gathered as much. It would have been nice if it had duplicated the album (I.e. AlbumA; AlbumA-1) instead of the tracks with a '1' at the end.


Main : C15, MD600, Aurender N10, EMM DAC2X, Boulder 865, Oppo BDP-95, JM Labs Maestro Utopia
Office : PC, Resonessence Invicta, HD800
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
I guess so, but, the system has to assume that the album title you have in the library is the one you want, so, if you did want to keep the duplicates you could differentiate in some way

e.g. ALBUM A (MP3) and ALBUM A (FLAC)

That it stores by album title is pretty standard with most ripping and storing solutions.

Anyhow, export and restore are features of the wishlist thread so we can make recomendations there.


Rgds,
Nick



Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 252 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,170
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.041s Queries: 23 (0.016s) Memory: 0.8359 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-06 01:15:56 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS