logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#196571 2013-09-10 17:52
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
Hi folks, I have to share this with you. I have just bought the new Director DAC from M to replace my Arcam which I use for my Stax electrostatics. The change is truly ASTONISHING! It's like turning a light on your music and hearing things that were hidden. I'm listening to voices and instruments I have been listening to for 52 years and it's a revelation. Nuances and clarity are everywhere. It's bright & open without any loss of depth & warmth. My music is all Country so primarily vocal with up front instrumentation. Give it a listen believe me, you'll buy one when you do.


Control:15, QNAP, DSP5200SE, 818v.3,Panasonic 55" TV, Panasonic bluray player, Stax SR 009 Earspeaker System, , 27" iMac, iPads Mini & Air, iPod touch.
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Are you suggesting that your Meridian Director is more involving compared to the same music being played through your Meridian 5200's?


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Absolutely nothing better than a buying a product that delivers above expectations!

Neil


1) MS200, G65, Revivers, DSP5000.2, DSP5000C.2, DSP3100, D1500, SME10/IV.

2) Mac Mini (Roon), Explorer 2, Sennheiser HD6XX.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
Headphone listening is a totally different environment and has its own intimacy. Through the 5200's my music is the best I've ever heard through speakers, with the director it's the best I've ever heard through ear speakers but they remain 2 very different environments.


Control:15, QNAP, DSP5200SE, 818v.3,Panasonic 55" TV, Panasonic bluray player, Stax SR 009 Earspeaker System, , 27" iMac, iPads Mini & Air, iPod touch.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 262
Edo Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 262
I totally agree, I too use the Director with Stax ear speakers. The result is better than just good. It's astonishing.

I like the small form factor of the Director, I can use it with my home Stax SR507/SRM006TS, or I can use it on the go with my Stax SR002/SRM002.

And as it's been said the sound is just Meridian like. More refined than Explorer. Plenty of details and truth to the music. All is well.


861v2, DSP3100, DSP3100HC
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
Hi 1337, looking through previous posts I noticed you have the SR002/SRM002 which I am anxious to audition. How good & how close to grown up Stax are they? Any advice much appreciated


Control:15, QNAP, DSP5200SE, 818v.3,Panasonic 55" TV, Panasonic bluray player, Stax SR 009 Earspeaker System, , 27" iMac, iPads Mini & Air, iPod touch.

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,179
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.060s Queries: 27 (0.028s) Memory: 0.8413 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 07:41:05 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS