logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 … 13 14
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Originally Posted by Ludwig
I removed the ones which are (or would generally be) Album-wide, which you list. It's otherwise the same list. Or do you propose different covers for each track? wink
If you have a classical CD, say of a collection of opera arias, you may well have ten or twelve titles and composers. How do you handle that in Sooloos. Various? Let's say you have a couple of dozen of such discs. How would you find all of the arias in your collection just by Bellini, for example. Track level metadata is essential for classical music collections.


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 945
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 945
BPM as a track level field wouldn't just be useful for DJs, you could set a filter which would keep the average BPM similar to prevent any jarring changes. I'm thinking a jump from a fairly sedate waltz to a polka would draw a lot of attention to itself. You could conceivably do this even limiting 'composer' to Johann Strauss if I recall correctly.


Mark
G68, baby Genelecs, Humax Foxsat, Oppo+Vanity93, Toshiba HD-A35, Pioneer CLD-925 + Meridian 519, various other random bits and bobs
Got a black G08.2 you want to sell?
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Where do you find the metadata for BPM?


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 945
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 945
You could calculate it. I'm loathe to make a judgement on how easy/difficult that would be laugh


Mark
G68, baby Genelecs, Humax Foxsat, Oppo+Vanity93, Toshiba HD-A35, Pioneer CLD-925 + Meridian 519, various other random bits and bobs
Got a black G08.2 you want to sell?
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Maybe its what All Music Guide calls "Rhythmic Intensity" or "Tempo". Anyone have any of that metadata in their Sooloos collections?


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 48
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 48
Normally when I use dBpoweramp I have the DSP options of HDCD and "Replay Gain" (not the applied replay Gain) set. Should I continue to do this? Especially the HDCD option?



Meridian MD600, MS200 and MS600, Denon 4308, Audio Research Ref 110, Krell FPB-400cx, Focal Electra 1007Be and 1000Be, Whise 319a
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
Dr.Nick,
I can't see any reason not to but you may want to ensure that the Sooloos plugin is listed last so that everything else occurs first. I assume that there is a sequence to be followed.
I keep HDCD loaded and listed first, but, have tried an appropriate CD yet to fully test it.

HTH



Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Hi Nick
Have you tried the "Dual" ripping yet??

I.e. Rip once to Sooloos XML format and also to the regular FLAC format for an external library??


-
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
Not yet, Ronnie. Will try and get some time at the weekend to try that. I have no need for it but would be useful to know.

I think we'll ultimately need another 101 Hints and Tips when we have worked it all out.


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
No worries and no rush Nick

Hardly critical anyway

Just curious and not somewhere I can try myself


-
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 375
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 375
I must be doing something wrong here. Plugin installed ok and config details followed (I believe). On trying my first rip, a new folder was placed in my backup folder after the existing two folders "config" and "media". The folder was a normal rip folder headed with the artist name and containing a sub folder for album name, this contains files for AMG.xml, info.xml, cover.jpg and the track .FLAC files numbered 01 etc.
Control:PC isn't 'seeing' this new folder when I run restore wizard, just the encoded stuff in the media folder. So, where have I gone wrong?
I've also tried using a fresh clean folder for the saving but then Control:PC reports that it isn't a valid backup folder.


Geoff

861v4-LPS, ID40, MC200, Roon, Tidal
DSP7000, DSP5200HC, DSP5000.3, Oracle Delphi IV, SME V, Dynavector DV17mk3.
Mac Mini(2010), Synology NAS/Plex Server
Schitt Lyr, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD800, Beyer Terminator v4.
Oppo BDP-93/Vanity93Lite, Sony PW-10, Grandview 100" screen
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Well it works great! Wish I had this a couple months ago...

I had hoped that I could trick dBpa to rescan all my .WAV files that are on the NAS (but not in Sooloos), to get all the correct data and the re-upload into Sooloos. However, this is not to be, as you get this error:

"ID metadata does not contain a Raw CD TOC tag. This is a requirement for the Meridian XML DSP!"


Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC.
Secondary: MC600 (whole house).
Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE.
Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 … 13 14

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 491 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.071s Queries: 40 (0.041s) Memory: 0.8890 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 07:48:52 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS