logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#193822 2013-07-29 19:05
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw
Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
I noticed on the latest Meridian PR that they now refer to Napster as well as Rhapsody for down-loading music. Does this mean that we now can go on to Napster as well as Rhapsody.

I personally tried Napster some months ago and failed completely to get subscription to work on C15. I have it done on Rhapsody by using proxy server.

Question then arises is Napster any better quality wise? Because the Rhapsody service is pretty mediocre, but it is cheap!

On the other hand with our poor internet connection if it was high bit rate there would probably be more drop out, as it happens I had a lot of dropout during last weekend. Our internet speed varies as low as 1.5 MbS to 3.25MbS max. FTTP coming at end of this year we hope!

Any views on either question please?

Thanks
Regards Huw


#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw
Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
80 viewings but no opinions yet....

Is it a tough question? certainly intriguing
Regards Huw


#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 375
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 375
I've never had a problem using my Napster login.
The quality isn't quite up to Spotify's but the integration with Sooloos is perfect, albums can be added to my library and browsed just like any other. For �4.99 a month it's really a no brainier for Sooloos owners to experiment with new music.


Geoff

861v4-LPS, ID40, MC200, Roon, Tidal
DSP7000, DSP5200HC, DSP5000.3, Oracle Delphi IV, SME V, Dynavector DV17mk3.
Mac Mini(2010), Synology NAS/Plex Server
Schitt Lyr, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD800, Beyer Terminator v4.
Oppo BDP-93/Vanity93Lite, Sony PW-10, Grandview 100" screen
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw
Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Thanks, I will give it another try, though I am guessing the Library is similar to Rhapsody.
Regards Huw


#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
For all intent and purposes I belive Napster = Rhapsody these days.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 895
I have connections here and there with Rhapsody. One album will work while another won't... all very inconsistent. That said, its worth the minor issues.


Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC.
Secondary: MC600 (whole house).
Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE.
Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw
Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Agree in principle, I think my drop out issues are due to my lousy bandwidth
Regards
Huw


#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
I have a premium 100Mbit internet connection (I have measured it up to 95 frequently) and I get radio and album dropouts on Rhapsody (Napster.de login) at all times of day even with that. So I doubt it's a bandwidth issue in my case at least...


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Huw
Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 651
Likes: 3
Ludwig, Lucky you on the bandwidth .. oh I wish!

but very bad form for Rhapsody and Napster - no excuses then

Any other similar HH experiences?
Regards huw


#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 11
PJP Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 11
Hi Huw,

I've had a Napster account for a few weeks and it seems to work fine for me. They have a trial period so if you find the quality or service is not what you need you can always cancel before the trial expires smile

I would describe the quality as ok but only listened so far via MS200 and existing passive setup - the DSP's are still in the warehouse waiting for revovation work to be completed...grrr

My Internet connection is also pretty good ( virgin media cable 100mb) so that might help I guess.

I have spent very little time with the radio and other channels so these might be worse (or better ! ) I can't really comment.

Hope it works out ok for you

Regards
Phil


#1 G65, 2x 5200SE, MS600, MD600 (2*2TB RAID 1).
#2 MS200.

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
7 members (ChrisSwain, Colin Triggs, AudioImages - Rick, MarkQV, Mr_Sukebe, Locus), 267 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,194
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.061s Queries: 35 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8731 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 17:10:27 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS