logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 19
Hi,

Having acquired a 596 with comms lead and no remote I'm stuck for programming my All in One remote. I called Meridian service about the comms link and they inform me that it's more than a pin configuration change, it seems the protocols are different between 500 and 600 series equipment - anyone experienced with getting this to work or fail?

I wonder how I can get by with my all in one remote - I guess I need to find someone local that has a 500 series CD/DVD remote. Using the built-in remote code from the all in one user manual list for Meridian CD didn't work.

Cheers.


Meridian 601 DSP/Pre, 557 power amp, 596 CD/DVD + KEF Reference 105/3
iPad + iPod both with Spotify Premium + aptX Lossles Bluetooth receiver
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,036
Likes: 15
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,036
Likes: 15
Hi,

If you get no joy locally with the remote I'm sure I have one somewhere that could be posted up to you in Leeds on loan if you wish.

Regards jonathan

PS Regarding the comms side of things Steve Eyles is the man who would probably have the answer.


596, 568.2mm, 562v2, DSP5Ks smileys+3dB, DSP5500.2HC smiley, DSP420'sx4,
DSW1500, LG C8 OLED, SkyQ silver v3+3x mini’s, 3xKef ceiling speakers, 2xMSR+custom keys, Mac Mini.
ATV2, vMSR, Amazon FireTV4k, MC200 1TB, HD621, 4xMS200, Oppo 203, Meridian 258, DSP3200’s, AC200,210 Streamer,218 zone controller,Wiim pro x2.
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 19
Thanks Johnathan for that kind offer. I've found a 500 series remote, I'm currently arranging collection.

How do I get hold of Steve regards my comms compatibility question?

Edit: I think I found him (user Syles) so I've dropped him a PM.. hopefully I've messaged the correct person.


Meridian 601 DSP/Pre, 557 power amp, 596 CD/DVD + KEF Reference 105/3
iPad + iPod both with Spotify Premium + aptX Lossles Bluetooth receiver
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 19
I've got a remote now, thanks to Carl.

Comms question outstanding.


Meridian 601 DSP/Pre, 557 power amp, 596 CD/DVD + KEF Reference 105/3
iPad + iPod both with Spotify Premium + aptX Lossles Bluetooth receiver
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 19
Steve has responded and confirmed that 500 and 600 series comms is not compatible. 200 and 600 series comms is compatible. Early model 500 comms may be able to be made compatible with 200/600 series comms, but certainly not the 596.

All questions answered, thanks for all the help and contributions everyone.


Meridian 601 DSP/Pre, 557 power amp, 596 CD/DVD + KEF Reference 105/3
iPad + iPod both with Spotify Premium + aptX Lossles Bluetooth receiver

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Richard W), 657 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.129s Queries: 25 (0.094s) Memory: 0.8380 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 09:16:28 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS