logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#183357 2013-01-20 12:21
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
I use dBpoweramp to rip CD's and then import the files into Sooloos. Over Christmas, I ripped several albums. All but one worked fine, but the last one is silent in Sooloos. I have checked it in different zones, but it is always silent (Sooloos thinks it is playing). The FLAC file plays from my Mac through VLC, so I think dBpoweramp has done its job. Has anybody else had this problem and have any ideas, other than reripping (which I cannot do for a few days due to computer and Sooloos being in different countries!)

Last edited by MusicAnt; 2013-01-20 13:12.

Anthony

Cinema room: 861v6+ID40, DSP5200SL, 5200HC, DSP3200, SW1600, HD621, OPPO BDP93
Kitchen/Dining room: DSP7200
MusicAnt #183362 2013-01-20 15:20
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Is it DTS and your not decoding it? Just a thought. Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

MusicAnt #183375 2013-01-20 21:11
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
Can you be more specific? What is the album?


Rgds,
Nick


ncpl #183389 2013-01-21 04:08
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
The album is Kelly Clarkson Greatest Hits, Chapter 1 (not my choice, I must stress!). I don't think there are any coding issues such as DTS


Anthony

Cinema room: 861v6+ID40, DSP5200SL, 5200HC, DSP3200, SW1600, HD621, OPPO BDP93
Kitchen/Dining room: DSP7200
MusicAnt #183414 2013-01-21 13:48
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
it might be worthwhile to check the FLAC files on the Mac using FLAC -t *.FLAC in the directory that the album was ripped. it is probably compressed 2 channel standard FLAC, it might be HDCD if you had that plugin enabled on dBpa.


Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW
HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls
Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600
Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC
MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
MusicAnt #183429 2013-01-21 15:13
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
Delete and reimport. Watch out for any sign of error message as you do.


Rgds,
Nick


MJT5282 #183482 2013-01-22 12:13
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Apologies, but I am not sure what you mean. Is that a terminal command of some form?


Anthony

Cinema room: 861v6+ID40, DSP5200SL, 5200HC, DSP3200, SW1600, HD621, OPPO BDP93
Kitchen/Dining room: DSP7200
ncpl #183483 2013-01-22 12:14
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Ncpl - I did try this but no error messages and no difference in the result. I guess I will just rerip when back home and see if I get a different result.


Anthony

Cinema room: 861v6+ID40, DSP5200SL, 5200HC, DSP3200, SW1600, HD621, OPPO BDP93
Kitchen/Dining room: DSP7200

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 509 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.059s Queries: 31 (0.032s) Memory: 0.8554 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 20:28:16 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS