logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#182784 2013-01-13 21:42
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 79
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 79
Likes: 1
Hello,

I'm trying to set up:

565 Processor / 500 CD / 2 D6000's / 1 DSP5000c / Velodyne DD-18 Sub

Just to play music

I've read manual / can't get system to work except with JUST 500 CD connected to Master & daisy chaining Center and Right

Now I have Center and Right set as Master and they won't change / etc. etc.

Does anyone know the right connections for the above step by step? I would really appreciate it as if I can get the 3 speakers & Sub working in Trifield, I'm sure it will sound great.

Currently, the speakers are not responding to retyping / I get ZERO sound / 565 displays Trifield / I have 565 going Digital out to digital in on Center / Sub going to #4 on 565 / Left & right tried Digital out to in on speakers and connected to #'s 1 & 2 on 565 (both ways) / I set the 565 to .5 as instructed / can't find the " max" setting as manual states / am using only the CD with no video connections or settings / have the 500 CD connected via the Comms, short connector wire one end in each Comms on 565 & CD

I do have the Center and Right set as Masters, but neither do anything when I turn off and try to reset?

I know this should be EASY, but I guess I'm getting older and NOT wiser:-(

Last edited by DJones1915; 2013-01-13 21:46.

DSP7200SE / DSP5200 / 861 v4 / 218 / C15 / Oppo 205 / DSP5500 Center Piano Finish
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
You will need to delve into the 565 manual. Start by setting a "TYPE". Choose a type that most closely matches your setup from the manual.
This will give you sound and is a start point for your own bespoke setup.
Meridian is not plug and play, you have to role your sleeves up, but its worth it and it will sound great.

Good luck, Chris smile

RTFM RTFM RTFM RTFM wink


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
You should only have one master use the centre. All others as slaves. Comms from 565 to centre (M) then onto left across to right and from right to sub (all S).

Digital feed from 565 1&2 to left and from left to right

Digital feed from 565 3&4 to centre and on to sub.

Set 565 to Type 3

Should get sound.


1) MS200, G65, Revivers, DSP5000.2, DSP5000C.2, DSP3100, D1500, SME10/IV.

2) Mac Mini (Roon), Explorer 2, Sennheiser HD6XX.
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 945
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 945
It's not a Meridian sub though.
So you need; a phono and C5 lead from the 500 to 565,
A phono and M5 from 3&4 on the 565 to your DSP5K,
A phono from 1&2 to one of your D6Ks and a S5 from the DSP5K,
A phono & S5 from that D6K to the other one,
A phono from the analogue subwoofer output to the Velodyne.


Mark
G68, baby Genelecs, Humax Foxsat, Oppo+Vanity93, Toshiba HD-A35, Pioneer CLD-925 + Meridian 519, various other random bits and bobs
Got a black G08.2 you want to sell?
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Missed the fact that the sub was not Meridian

You will probably have to set the 565 to Type 4 then.

Neil

Last edited by Neil H; 2013-01-14 04:01.

1) MS200, G65, Revivers, DSP5000.2, DSP5000C.2, DSP3100, D1500, SME10/IV.

2) Mac Mini (Roon), Explorer 2, Sennheiser HD6XX.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 79
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 79
Likes: 1
Ok... thanks much. I'll try your instructions.

It is indeed fairly complicated frown


DSP7200SE / DSP5200 / 861 v4 / 218 / C15 / Oppo 205 / DSP5500 Center Piano Finish
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
It is simple once you get to do it and understand things, good luck. Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 79
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 79
Likes: 1
Ello Mates

Anyone know why I can't retype my speakers individually by turning off / turn back on holding type number / using arrow keys to select R / L / C master?


DSP7200SE / DSP5200 / 861 v4 / 218 / C15 / Oppo 205 / DSP5500 Center Piano Finish
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Have you disconnected coms leads whilst doing this? Just a thought. Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Originally Posted by DJones1915
Anyone know why I can't retype my speakers individually by turning off / turn back on holding type number / using arrow keys to select R / L / C master?
When you power back on, you are pressing just the type number and pointing it dextrously at the front of the speaker so that IR signal is picked up? Only when powered up do you start pressing arrow keys.

Don't worry about comms, it doesn't matter that they are still plugged in.

However, just a thought, you also have D6000's not DSP6000's. I don't know if these are the same as what you need to do the the DSP5000.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 79
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 79
Likes: 1
Hey Chris,

Yes, I was turning on and holding Type key on remote simultaneously (long arms). I thought that was the correct way.....thanks


DSP7200SE / DSP5200 / 861 v4 / 218 / C15 / Oppo 205 / DSP5500 Center Piano Finish
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 79
Likes: 1
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 79
Likes: 1
Ian,

Thanks for the "tutorial", which is much appreciated smile


DSP7200SE / DSP5200 / 861 v4 / 218 / C15 / Oppo 205 / DSP5500 Center Piano Finish

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mr_Sukebe), 198 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,176
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.047s Queries: 39 (0.025s) Memory: 0.8795 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-06 17:33:35 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS