logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 191
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 191
I've had confirmation in the past from Meridian that the page that you see in both Control:PC and Control:Web are in fact web pages. (And I assume the same is also true of course for Control:Mac.)

Ian


C10, TwinStore(RM), MC600, MS600, MS200, Explorer
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
I believe that both use Google web toolkit (which resolves queries that are then converted to HTML in the browsed rather than serve formatted html data direct from the core) but whilst Control:Web is a web app, both Control:PC and Control:Web are 'native' apps that have a 'web window' to the same tools that Control:Web do. Outside the 'web window' Control:PC/Control:Mac offer other functions, which includes a 'Sooloos hardware device' like protocol for audio rather than http web based audio.

So think of Control:Web as a web app and Control:PC/Control:Mac as a browser that runs a similar (possibly even identical) web app that Control:Web runs plus a whole host of non web functions.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Although I was unaware of the exact underlying techniques, your explanation confirms what I figured indeed Ian, thanks for clearing that up!


Rowland Model6/BPS6, Rowland Coherence II, Levinson 390S and 37, AudioAanZee Reference Flow music server, Rowland Aeris DAC, Rowland Cadence phono stage, Pass Labs Xono phono stage, Yamaha PX-2 and Thorens TD 160MKII, Transparent Ultra and Reference cables, Apogee Diva magnetostatics (refurbished).
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Unfortunately, Meridian support was unable to resolve this. They've given up.

All evidence I've found points to some sort of problem with the .net framework tool they've based Control:Mac on (MonoTouch), but without Meridian's help in pursuing this, I'm dead in the water.

Sorry I couldn't contribute something more productive to this issue.


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,174
Likes: 171
What did Meridian support say?


HC: 861v4/ID40/LPS, DSP5000, DSP5000VC, DSP3100, SW1600, HD621, Oppo BDP-105, Sony VPL-HW55ES
2-Channel: Oppo BDP-105, TEAC VRDS-7/Trichord Clock 3/PSU, 551, Quad 303, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3, Kimber cables, Russ Andrews mains and supports.
Previous Meridian: 5000C, 5200SL, 7200.2, 6000, 562V.2, 568.2mm, 800v4, 808.2i, 818v2/v3, 861v8, 502
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Not much.

Over the course of 3 months there was a pattern of them asking some kind of very basic question (like whether I had admin rights), me answering the same day, and then Meridian support not responding for weeks until I or my (premier level) dealer prodded them. They tried a less-shotgun, more-diagnostic approach once, but when it didn't go as they'd expected, they dropped it. In the end, working with them on this never went anywhere until they finally told me they'd just given up.



A more than disappointing support experience with Meridian.


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Well, good news and bad news:

The good news is that I finally got Control:Mac running on my home computer. The bad new is that it took a HD repartition and OS reinstall to do it.

I was never able to root cause the problem. I dragged a friend in, who is chief software architect at one of the largest silicon valley hardware firms, and he gave up too, so I threw in the towel and started from scratch.

Sorry I couldn't provide anything more helpful.


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
My dealer admitted to having little experience with Mac and that they recommend using PC because it works better. Ah well, just glad to hear that it is now working, even if it took a complete system reinstall.


Rowland Model6/BPS6, Rowland Coherence II, Levinson 390S and 37, AudioAanZee Reference Flow music server, Rowland Aeris DAC, Rowland Cadence phono stage, Pass Labs Xono phono stage, Yamaha PX-2 and Thorens TD 160MKII, Transparent Ultra and Reference cables, Apogee Diva magnetostatics (refurbished).
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 541 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.045s Queries: 32 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8653 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 22:52:51 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS