|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Do You have a Mac or PC? If you have a PC, you can download the Sooloos config app from the Meridian website. This will identify Sooloos devices on the network and show whether the ID40 is identifying itself. If you only have a Mac, PM me 
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791 |
You can check the IP address of the ID40 by "interrogating" the router. There should be a page on the setup interface which tells you what is connected. This shouldn't be too difficult. Have you played with your router before?
This will confirm that it is on the network and give you it's IP address.
Cheers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87 |
A few thoughts: 1) Get into the setup page of your router. If that's new to you then google the make/model for it's setup page IP address. A BT Homehub router, for example, is on 192.168.1.254. In here you will see a table for IP address that it is giving out. You may want to describe here your network and its switches and routers etc. 2) The Sooloos manager software will also look for your ID40. 3) Have you looked at the \\[Sooloos core IP address]\debug screen ? In this you will also see all Sooloos units that are recognized. e.g. http://192.168.1.121/debug4) Only one unit should be acting as CORE. The system will (or should) tell you if that is not the case. Just check C10 settings to make sure that SYSTEM CORE is OFF (unticked).
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19 |
The system core is definitely the C10, in spite of Meridian's protestations. I have unchecked the system core box for the C10, and now it cannot find a core - i.e. the Ensemble is not providing it. Should it/can it be forced to?
No sign of the ID40 in the system debug screen (when the C10 was core).
I am far too familiar with the setup of my router - too many years with too many routers dealing with network configuration problems. That said, I am an amateur not a professional computer scientist.
The ID40 is definitely not identifying itself, but then nor are some other devices (e.g. this computer is not currently in the DHCP table, although it was before a recent reboot). Hence my lack of certainty.
The setup is complex, unfortunately - beyond my previous experience. A Draytek Vigor 2830 series modem, a Netgear 24 port Cat 6 switch, Cat 6 cables run between the switch and the various locations. The Meridian network locations are each taken out of the router ports directly rather than through the switch. That said, I remain convinced there is a networking problem. There is another intermittent symptom, which is that that the Ensemble albums sometimes do not appear in the system nor are it's zones visible to the C10 nor to the Control apps (requiring either a reboot or a wait).
Anthony
Cinema room: 861v6+ID40, DSP5200SL, 5200HC, DSP3200, SW1600, HD621, OPPO BDP93 Kitchen/Dining room: DSP7200
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791 |
I'm not an expert but if they are not on the table, they aren't connected to the LAN so they won't work. I'm not sure why your PC isn't showing if you're using the LAN (presumably for internet access). I don't suppose you have an old router you could try? I would unplug everything from the router and then replug one by one and watch them appear on the IP page, but I'm not a expert, more a try and see technician...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19 |
I agree that is logical - but the DHCP list is incomplete, even though NAT sessions show this computer is doing something!
Anthony
Cinema room: 861v6+ID40, DSP5200SL, 5200HC, DSP3200, SW1600, HD621, OPPO BDP93 Kitchen/Dining room: DSP7200
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19 |
Update - the ID40 briefly showed up on the device list when there was no core. I managed to reset its IP to a fixed value, which I can ping. But it does not show up on debug screen nor anywhere else. Not sure if that is progress or the opposite!
Anthony
Cinema room: 861v6+ID40, DSP5200SL, 5200HC, DSP3200, SW1600, HD621, OPPO BDP93 Kitchen/Dining room: DSP7200
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19 |
Anthony
Cinema room: 861v6+ID40, DSP5200SL, 5200HC, DSP3200, SW1600, HD621, OPPO BDP93 Kitchen/Dining room: DSP7200
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87 |
Are you 100% that you haven't got an IP conflict with the fixed values? I'd normally expect a single DHCP table in a network. You don't have 2 running somewhere?
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351 Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351 Likes: 1 |
My ID40 card also never worked with DHCP and it took a while to resolve it to a fixed IP address (I didn't own a Control:10 at the time). You can PM me and I will reply with instructions.
Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600 Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 19 |
I am pretty sure. The DHCP table is incomplete. However the ARP Cache includes all the adapters I would expect to see on the network, including what I am pretty sure is the ID40 (Mac 00-24-C5-00-03-C1) since I can ping it when the 861v6 is on and not when it is off.
Anthony
Cinema room: 861v6+ID40, DSP5200SL, 5200HC, DSP3200, SW1600, HD621, OPPO BDP93 Kitchen/Dining room: DSP7200
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1 |
Is there any way to identity its MAC address directly. I don't think it does - I set a fixed IP for the Ensemble and the C10 - but cannot see how to do that for the ID40. (I can remove everything else from the network, if I need to to work it out, I guess.) Does the ID40 have a label with its MAC address printed on it? Some things I've fixed the IPs for (printer, NAS etc) but I've tended to use the Bind MAC to IP in my router rather than fixing everything's IP address. 00-24-C5 appears to be a Meridian hardware MAC address.
Last edited by dpstjp; 2012-06-23 07:14.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|
|
|
|
1 members (ChrisSwain),
635
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|