logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
All,
I'm hoping/begging for a bit of guidance.

I just added an MC200 to my system (G68J + HD621 > DSP5000's all around).

WebControl, and iPad Core Control see the MC200 without a problem.

I was able to download the ControlMac application onto my iMac (Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB ram running 10.7.4), but launching it results in an unexpected error (Kern_Invalid_Address) in normal mode, and a frozen app in safe mode.

In safe mode, the activity monitor shows the process is running, but I never get an app window and the app is unresponsive according to Force Quit.

PEBKAC?
Sacrifice a chicken at midnight?

The MC200 is willing, but the software is weak.

I'd be truly grateful for any direction.


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
Did you install control Mac from your core? It has to be the correct version to match with the version of the firmware running on the core.


MD600(2x2TB); iPad Pro
LR. 818v3, 8000SE
HT. 861v8+ID41,HD621; BW 2x802D,HTM1D,4x804S;SVS sub; Mac 5 MC501s; RGP 600Pro, JVC X950; Radiance Pro; Oppo 203
FR. G65, DSP3200-3300 DSW, HD621; Mac MC152; Oppo 103, PDP TCP65VT60, Radiance 2124; RGP1200C
4. G65, DSP3200-3300,HD621; OPPO 83, Radiance XE PDP
5. 818v3; Prime HP Amp; HD800
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Jack D
Did you install control Mac from your core? It has to be the correct version to match with the version of the firmware running on the core.
And you do that by navigating to the MC200 on your network and clicking on a link. Did you do that?

Or did you literally download it from somewhere?

If the latter, uninstall/delete it and navigate to the MC200 on your network.


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Thanks for the responses guys. Unfortunately, I downloaded it via the web app link (i.e. from the right place).

I now have ControlMac running okay on a laptop from work, but that will only be good for this weekend.

Does anyone know what Meridian calls its plist files? Sometimes, for this sort of problem, deleting the plist files (or any other prefs) does the trick.


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Just type your MC200's IP address in to a web browser and you will have ControlMac or ControlPC. On the iPad I have saved it as an App link, from there I can edit easily.

Cheers, Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Chris,
Thanks for the response. I'm actually able to get to the web app without any problem, but I think I need ControlMac to do things like importing albums/songs and editing metadata.

I don't see any way to do that in the web client. Am I missing something right in front of my face?

Thanks


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 37
Foz Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 37
In Webclient click on 'Settings' then 'Enhanced features are available when you run Control:Mac'


Theater: 861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP7200, DSP5200c, DSP5000, DSP5500, Paradigm subs, OPPO BDP-93, Sim2 300E, Roon
Family: MS200, DSP5000
Home Office: 218, Audeze LCD 1
Office: Prime, Sennheiser HD650
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Foz,
Thanks, but I've already successfully downloaded ControlMac. The problem is that it won't launch.


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 37
Foz Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 37
Have you tried rebooting both MC200 & Mac?


Theater: 861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP7200, DSP5200c, DSP5000, DSP5500, Paradigm subs, OPPO BDP-93, Sim2 300E, Roon
Family: MS200, DSP5000
Home Office: 218, Audeze LCD 1
Office: Prime, Sennheiser HD650
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
What version software is your MC200 running? Is it registered with a dealer? Is it offering you an update?


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Foz,
I have indeed.

Thanks

MrMarbach,
The MC200 says it is on System 368 & the ControlMac version reports as 2.368 (build 289). I registered as part of the update process, and the system did a firmware update as soon as I plugged it into the net.

Thanks


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165
Likes: 67
Meridian Partner
Senior Shouting Officer
Meridian Partner
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165
Likes: 67
Hi Akimo,

Sounds like a 'firewall' problem.

Can you turn all your firewalls off on your MAC, and disable 'trusteer rapport' if you're running it.

Cheers,

Rick


Audio Images, 284 Glossop Road, Sheffield, England. Tel: 0114 273 7893
Website: www.audio-images.co.uk Email: Click here to email Rick
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (RPellegrini), 275 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.050s Queries: 40 (0.023s) Memory: 0.8853 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:56:02 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS