logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
You have optional volume control via the iPad. That's it, try both. simples Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Originally Posted by EllisDJ
I meant to ask before - the ad for the MC200 mentions
"analogue outputs delivering fixed 2V peak-to-peak or variable output levels"
How do you adjust the output level?
Hi EllisDJ

If you download and run the Sooloos Configure (Windows only) program from the Meridian web site you will see the MC200 listed, click on it and you will be presented with the configurable options, one of these is for fixed or variable output.

Good Luck

Russ

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 338
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 338
Your a star Russ - I will have a play with that once I have purchased, I have run the software but there is nothing on the network to pick up atm.


861v4 LPSU, HD621, Bryston 9BSST
KEF Reference 3 and 2c, 2 X SVS SB13 ULTRA
Audio PC: JPLay, LPSU, JCAT, PPA Studio
Cables XLO Limited, Unlimited Edition and Signature
Sony VW500 Isotek Titan, DIY Mains and Clean Signal Earth Solution
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Hi EllisDJ

ok, when you have purchased you may encounter a problem I had eg just a spining icon in the middle? if so it is a network or pc issue, there are several threads on the forum about it if you do a google search from the top of the forum page, I resolved it by using a pc with no antivirus configured, windows firwall off, and running XP although I have managed to get it working with a Vista pc since, a work pc which had all kinds of security on it has never worked to this day.

Russ

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Mine just worked straight out of the box, for once, that doesn't usually happen with me and new stuff.
I swapped out a squeezebox, so if you have that you should have no issues.
Cheers, Chris.


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Chris

Being so lucky I would buy a lottery ticket this week! (remember your friends if you win) smile

Russ

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Free DSP8000's all round......... The Milky bars are on me LOL dreaming again smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Even with a �10 win?


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Ahhhhhhh perhaps not then.

OK I Have just run about 6 meters of cheap analog cable from my MC200 into the conservatory and thence the F80. This is to see what it sounds like, and it sounds pretty damn good to me.

With a short run of good quality cable it can only be better.

Thoughts, Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 21
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 21
Found a fairly extensive review of the MC200 here:
http://www.hifi-advice.com/Meridian-MC200-review.html


Linn Genki (cd), Linn LP12 - SimAudio Celeste P5003 (preamp) - Dynaudio Focus 110A (Active speakers). Meridian Wannabe.
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by MC200 review by Christiaan Punter
Note: the Sooloos name will change into Meridian Streaming Audio.
???


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Originally Posted by Pauli
Found a fairly extensive review of the MC200 here:
http://www.hifi-advice.com/Meridian-MC200-review.html
I'm glad that I am not cursed with having ears so sensitive that I can tell what position on the mains plug board my hifi equipment is plugged into.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,169
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.050s Queries: 40 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8819 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-05 22:02:17 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS