logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Hey guys,

I have been trying to run Control Mac (which I have now finally been able to download!) and every time I try to run the installer on my Mac it thinks for a bit and then gives me the message

"please connect to a network with an up to date Sooloos system in order to run Control Mac"

...this is despite having the latest OS on both the Mac & Sooloos. I can access Sooloos on my home network from my iPhone & the web client, and am a bit confused as to why I can't install Control Mac... any ideas?

Thanks again!
Henry


MC200, MS600, Densen B-250/B-330, Focal 1028Be
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Henry,

You should be able to put the IP address of your MC200 into a browser on your Mac and then via settings you are prompted to download Control Mac, is that what you have done or have you obtained Control Mac from somewhere else? I assume your user on the Mac has the correct permissions eg admin (or equivalent).

Ratbert

Last edited by Ratbert; 2011-11-07 14:11. Reason: Spelling
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Try downloading the latest ControlMac_Installer.dmg file from http://[IP address of Core]/download/controlmac/



Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW
HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls
Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600
Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC
MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
MB Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
I think the DMG could be emailed, if you need.

Cheers Tintin

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
No need to email, the correct version is always on the Sooloos Core. Just point a webbrower at it as other have indicated.

If that does not work, then network issues and Mac permissions should be explored.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Hey - thanks for all your responses!

I should have been a bit clearer, I have managed to download the Control Mac installer, however I am unable to actually install it as my network doesn't seem to realise there is an up to date Sooloos connected up, and it needs to be able to see a Sooloos core on the network in order to install itself.
I have all the relevant admin permissions and have tried installing it without my firewall on to see whether that was the problem, but no dice.

Any thoughts?

Henry


MC200, MS600, Densen B-250/B-330, Focal 1028Be
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi,

For the sake of clarity; how and where from did you download the ControlMac installer?

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 76
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 76
Hi Henry

Are you trying it via Wifi with a Macbook?
Sometimes I have the same problem.
I could fix it by connecting my Macbook via Network cable for the first connection. After that ControlMac works again via Wifi.

Hope it helps,


Multiroom: Control:15, 2x Ensemble, Primare SPA22, System Audio Mantra Loudspeakers, Audiocontrol Director, 3200, several ProJect Loudspeakers.
Headphone: Lehmann Audio Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 800.
Vinyl digitalization: VPI HW-16.5 Vinyl Cleaning, Machine, Rega RP 6, Ortofon 2M-Black, Moon 110 LP Amplifier, Focusrite 2i2 24-Bit 96kHz Recording
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Hey Minus3 - I am... how interesting!
Thanks - I'll try it out and post back....

Henry


MC200, MS600, Densen B-250/B-330, Focal 1028Be
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
NOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Minus3 you fixed it!!!!

Thanks a million I'm off to load my ENTIRE music collection onto Sooloos now - HOORAY!!

(very happy) Henry laugh


MC200, MS600, Densen B-250/B-330, Focal 1028Be
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
Minus3,

Welcome to the forum. And what a cracking first post!

Cheers

George

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
+1 on that Minus3, a most excellent observation and post.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (rjek), 172 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,171
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.058s Queries: 40 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8834 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-06 07:52:00 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS