logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Sorry , if I missed it , but are you running the latest version of Sooloos released last week ?

I had problems importing artwork with Lion and these are now fixed in the latest release .

M


Mostly harmless. Comfortably numb.
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hi,

Yes running 355.


Tony
861v6+OE34+LPS+ID41, HD621, MC200, DSP7200.2, DSP5200HC, M6, DSW, Sky HD, BDP103.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
...this is not purely confined to Anthony's system - I've been having exactly the same problems with my MC200, which is also connected via mains ethernet to a BT HH. I am running the latest version (.355), have updated my Mac OS to the latest version, but on trying to download ControlMac I get the message:

'unable to find Sooloos system core' etc

I have tried unplugging/rebooting everything, turning firewalls off on both HH & Mac to no avail. I have not yet tried configuring a static IP and wondered how to do it?
I dont want to go back to snow leopard... any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Henry

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi Henry,

Anthony is only using Mains Ethernet for his BTvision box, I believe his MC200 is hardwired via normal Cat5 to his router.

Sooloos Control:Mac is not currently compatible with Snow Leopard.
You could use Control:PC on a Windows PC or try it under a Windows emulator on the Mac.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Carl
Sooloos Control:Mac is not currently compatible with Snow Leopard.
Carl,

I used Sooloos Control:Mac on Snow leopard and now Lion and it works, did you mean Sooloos Configure, which is windows only?

Apologies if I have the wrong end of the stick blush

Ratbert

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi Ratbert,

Don't blush I think it�s me; I don't have any Apple kit so I'm only going on memory, I recall issues with photos etc. but I guess that's only a minor defect and not in the same ball park as a failed to connect issue.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hi,
Just to clear up a few issues:

1. MC200 has ethernet connection.
2. I have Control:Mac version 355 installed on Snow Leopard without issues.
3. I have BT HomeHub2 and a WD MyWorldBook (white light) NAS.
4. With Lion installed I could not install Control:Mac 355 or access the NAS.

I am aware that there is an update for the NAS but it is still problematic.

I suspect that the combination of Lion+BTHH2 is the issue installing 355.


Tony
861v6+OE34+LPS+ID41, HD621, MC200, DSP7200.2, DSP5200HC, M6, DSW, Sky HD, BDP103.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Hey guys,
Thanks for replying. However, the plot thickens...

I was happily using a spare laptop running the latest versions of everything with ControlPC installed, and for the past week it has been starting to load and hanging on the rotating dial of doom when it loads up, so I now have a version of ControlPC which doesn't work, and I am unable to run ControlMac. I really can't be bothered trying to sort out the PC as it's old and cranky and keeps running Microsoft narrator at inopportune moments.

Instead, I want to get ControlMac sorted. I can't believe the only way out of this is to uninstal Lion and come to think of it this would involve buying a copy of Snow Leopard as I don't have a copy as I'm using a new MacBook Pro.

Any brainwaves or I should I go and dig up Steve?


MC200, MS600, Densen B-250/B-330, Focal 1028Be
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Replacing your Router I think is the most sensible and cost effective option

I use 5 different Mac's of different vintages, with ControlMac on top of 10.7 Lion, without any issue

The BT Home Hub is the common denominator here in terms of the problems it's causing


-
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Complain to BT that your router keeps failing, turning off losing connection etc: they will replace it with a HH3, that is what happened with me and I have no issues running ControlMac on an iMac running Lion.

Ratbert

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814
Likes: 87
I have HH3 and no issues.


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 19
Great idea - thanks guys. I'll let you know how I get on (and how long I was on hold for).


MC200, MS600, Densen B-250/B-330, Focal 1028Be
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Soundserge, RLengthorn, Parky43007), 230 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,161
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.062s Queries: 40 (0.033s) Memory: 0.8883 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-04 19:00:46 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS