logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Dear All,

We've recently manufactured a stand for member Meridianlien who contacted me with his requirements for a stand which can hold his plasma as well as his 7200HC.

I'm considering making a few more of these, whereby the vertical column and plasma bracket would be an optional accessory. The plasma bracket itself is actually supported by a steel backplate which is not shown in the image. We might however develop an alternative bracket.

The tilt of speaker can be variably adjusted so that the angle corresponds with the seating position.

The height and width of the shelve is exactly such that it will hold a 7200HC.

What do you guys think?

Richard Krol

PS
I can make the stand 30mm wider in which case it will also accept a DSP5500HC. I would think there are quite a few DSP5500HC owners around here.


[Linked Image from hexateq.com]

Last edited by Carl; 2011-08-17 11:32. Reason: Added 5500HC & PS
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
One happy customer here! I've at last got my speaker into a better and variable position and my 63" plasma has a much better presentation. Even without the pillar, in a projector environment, the tillable supporting shelf is a great help.

Highly Recommended.

M


Mostly harmless. Comfortably numb.
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 242
TD4 Offline
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 242
M

Any possibilty of a uploading photo showing us your Plasma & Speaker in place please?

TD


Man Cave planned 2020/21 ( Almost completed )

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
I've tried uploading to the Gallery several times to no avail (fatal error message). Hopefully, by the time I get my rackmount and room finished I will have mastered it.

M


Mostly harmless. Comfortably numb.
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Hi Manus,

If you email me a few pics, I'd be more than happy to host the images.

On another note, I can make the stand 30mm wider in which case it will also accept a DSP5500HC. I would think there are quite a few DSP5500HC owners around here. Perhaps this can be reflected in the topic title.

Kind regards,
Richard

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 880
Likes: 3
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 880
Likes: 3
I'm sure it's a fantastic piece of kit. But with stands like this, I always wonder where people put the rest of their equipment. There's got to be at least one source and one processor somewhere.

Duncan

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Originally Posted by RichardKrol
I can make the stand 30mm wider in which case it will also accept a DSP5500HC. I would think there are quite a few DSP5500HC owners around here. Perhaps this can be reflected in the topic title.
Done and a PS added to your original post.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Originally Posted by DuncanBudd
I'm sure it's a fantastic piece of kit. But with stands like this, I always wonder where people put the rest of their equipment. There's got to be at least one source and one processor somewhere.
Hi Duncan,

Well if that's the case than it wouldn't be too hard to create an extra shelve which would accept two pieces of kit side by side.

Rgds,
Richard

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Originally Posted by Carl
Originally Posted by RichardKrol
I can make the stand 30mm wider in which case it will also accept a DSP5500HC. I would think there are quite a few DSP5500HC owners around here. Perhaps this can be reflected in the topic title.
Done and a PS added to your original post.
Fantastic!

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Hi Guys,

I noticed there has been some more interest in a rack/stand solution for the 7200HC (or 5500HC).

I just wanted to share that I still have some parts to manufacture another one of these stands, with or without the central upright column.

If you're interested please drop me an email.

Kind regards,
Richard


Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.058s Queries: 35 (0.034s) Memory: 0.8696 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 21:51:13 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS