logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#145210 2011-07-15 12:01
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
I want to change the boundary settings on my DSP5500s. I last did this five or six years ago and must have forgotten the procedure. The manual says that I turn off the Master speaker, then turn it back on while holding down the Store button to get to the Setup menu. That works fine. It then says I am suppose to use the <- and -> to scroll through the menu. Unfortunately, when I press those arrow keys nothing happens. I've even tried holding down the Function button while pressing the arrow keys and that doesn't work either. Any ideas?


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Originally Posted by DSP User guide
To select Setup mode
Turn off the DSP loudspeaker using the power switch on the back panel.
Turn on the power again while holding down the Store key on the remote.

The display will show: Setup
It will then revert to standby:
The display shows: .

You can now operate the speaker in the usual way, using the additional setup menus to adjust the response while listening to sources.

Whilst implied it is not explicit that one must press a source key to bring the DSP out of standby before you can configure it.

I recommend using the CD, RADIO or DVD source key as these 3 can't be reprogramed on the MSR+.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Duh. Thanks!


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,198
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,198
I had the same problem - I must admit the m instructions are not very good! I have the same speakers please let me know what you adjust too and why - thanks.


CheeRS

Shaun


DSP6000, 5500 centre, SW5500. Kef surrounds. G61R, HD621, MS600, MC200, G55, Lumgen,Oppo bluray player, Bluesound Node Icon
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
The fronts of my DSP5500s are 36" from the back wall. For the moment, I have Boundary set to Free. I still have to do some measurements and try the other choices.


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 726
Likes: 15
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 726
Likes: 15
Didn't I read somewhere (Wiki ?) that it's best to set boundary to free before running MRC - and leaving it this way - implying that the boundary settings are (perhaps only) useful if you aren't running MRC ?


Trinnov Altitude CI-12; Meridian 861v8 + ID41 + UHD722v2 + 271, 2*SE-update DSP8.2Ks, SE-update DSP7200HC, 4*DSP3200, 4*DSP33, 218, 251
JVC DLA-NZ8; Panasonic TX-P60ZT60E; Lumagen Radiance Pro 5348
Roon [13i7 Win.11 NUC]; SKY Q; Oppo UDP-203EU; AppleTV / Fire Cube / Roku / NVidia
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Correct. I am running a music server directly into the DSP5500s, so I won't be using MRC.


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi Frank,

I'm curious as to why you have choose to run your system this way (bypassing the G68) or is this for for another another system with a different pair of 5k5s?

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
I have set up a second, smaller, acoustically treated listening room, and have temporarily moved my DSP5500s there from my main room until I decide whether to buy another set of DSPs, most likely the DSP5200s, or to succumb to the Dark Side, and re-enter the interconnect->amplifier->speaker cable->passive speaker game.


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi Frank,

Thanks for update and background info, all is now clear.

Feel the 'Force' Frank, you know what you must do wink

Regards
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Kent_in_AoNZ, MVirgil), 481 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.055s Queries: 35 (0.034s) Memory: 0.8737 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 04:21:39 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS