|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30 |
Hi All
Just a quick note to let you know that I replaced a 5000C with a 5200 V and the sound is amazing.
Bass is fuller and, treble seems crisper and a snare snaps that little bit tighter in Trifield.
Lots of experimenting and a more precise calibration and positioning to come - plus MRC again. I would recommend this to anyone who is thinking about it.
Oddly I now have two maple 5200s with a black gloss centre. The idea was to swap the maples at some point, but it actually looks quite good.
Cheers Tom
PS - Reading loads of George Mill's fantastic contributions - please come back!!!
Main: G61SL, 218, HD621, 2*7200SE, 7200HCSE, M6s, DSW, Apple TV 4K, NUC (Roon server) Secondary: Wiim Pro, 3200, Audio Core 200 F80
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
Good to hear. Being a Trifield addict that is exactly the front setup I imagine in a few years time, as funds allow...
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18 |
Well you are doing the holy grail of Trifield with 3 identical vertical full-range speakers. Congratulations! 
DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,307
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,307 |
Sold all M equipment
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 435
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 435 |
I have five 5200s (inc. a V) and love it. Now if only I had the space and could afford to get another 5200s and a 861V6 - Valhalla!!
3x DSP5200 L, R and C (all vertical), 4x Triad Silver in-wall surrounds and 6x Triad Silver in-ceiling ATMOS speakers, Triad Silver subwoofer, Denon AVR-X8500H, JVC DLA-7500 4K projector and Screen Research 120" AT 2.35:1 screen. Apple TV 4K and Oppo UDP-203 Blu-ray player.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
Why don't all of you people with 3x 5200 at the front put some pictures in the "Links to Home Theater Photos" thread? Would be nice to see them.
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30 |
I've got to take some photos today so I'll try and upload a speaker picture later!
@Chris1971 5 * 5200 must sound amazing - are you only after one more or two?
Cheers Tom
Main: G61SL, 218, HD621, 2*7200SE, 7200HCSE, M6s, DSW, Apple TV 4K, NUC (Roon server) Secondary: Wiim Pro, 3200, Audio Core 200 F80
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 435
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 435 |
Tom, I'd like two more... 7.1 surround (I already have an SW5500 for the sub). I would have to knock down a wall to make room, so it's not any time soon.
As for photos, I'd love too, but my fronts are behind a 120" 2:35 Screen Research AT screen. Also, the room is pitch black, every surface, so it sucks all light out and I'm struggling to take a decent photo. Once I work out how, I'll post a picture.
3x DSP5200 L, R and C (all vertical), 4x Triad Silver in-wall surrounds and 6x Triad Silver in-ceiling ATMOS speakers, Triad Silver subwoofer, Denon AVR-X8500H, JVC DLA-7500 4K projector and Screen Research 120" AT 2.35:1 screen. Apple TV 4K and Oppo UDP-203 Blu-ray player.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
117
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,179
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|