|
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 8
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 8 |
Hi!
I owned a F80 before. I'm considering to buy a F80 again, and modify it to a 12 volt power inlet for use on my boat...
Do you think it's possible to feed a F80 with 12 volt?
Cheers Ben
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,980 Likes: 55
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,980 Likes: 55 |
Have you thought of using an inverter? Here's a link to the type of thing I mean. This would save making any changes to the unit. Steve.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 8
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 8 |
I think an inverter is very inefficient and takes a lot of power.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
Hi,
The inverters in the TLC link that Steve posted are circa 90% efficient, just click the link and then the model to see the specification.
Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,174
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|