logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Richard
I know that there are quite a few people on here who use a DSP7200HC Centre in conjunction with a a D8k pair or a D7K2 pair

For those users, would a similar shaped stand be practical for the D7K2HC???...........Without a Drawing, I'm not sure how it would look visually, but I know there are a few here (not me, I'm afraid) who might be interested in such a design

The stand would likely need to angle the D7K"HC slightly upwards, just like the stand you already did for Meridian.

Last edited by Carl; 2011-03-14 12:06. Reason: Moved to new topic

-
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Hi Ronny,

Thank you for your kind words. I've previously been thinking about a stand for the 7200HC, in fact, on one of my visits to Huntingdon I've spoken and shown Allen Boothroyd a couple of ideas for such a stand when the 7200HC was still in the prototype phase. Although he was very excited, people responsible for the follow up left the firm and it never came off the ground.

If I do go ahead with such a stand I would need several people to sign up for it, making a one-off is just too costly. If there is genuine interest then perhaps we should open up another thread?

Cheers,
Richard


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Hi Richard
I'd agree on another thread for the D7K2HC stand

I'd also recommend you posting a Drawing of your previous ideas that you presented to Meridian.......I feel this might generate the Interest that you would need to make it worth your while

Your D3200 Drawing above paints a thousand words and I feel a similar(ish) D7K2HC drawing would likewise draw interest

Again, good luck all round


-
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Hi Richard,

I'll be your first customer for 7K2HC stand but could you leave room for my 63" Samsung plasma at the rear wink

Best

~M~


Mostly harmless. Comfortably numb.
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
[Linked Image from hexateq.com]

I believe this is a certain 63" plasma.... wink

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Very interesting .........I will be in touch .

I think thats a 55" though wink

~M~


Mostly harmless. Comfortably numb.
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 436
Can't wait... cool

P.S. We can make it such that the DSP7200HC actually slants upwards with a variable tilting mechanism.

It's not the most detailed nor nicely rendered image but presumably the idea is clear.



Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,179
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.048s Queries: 29 (0.018s) Memory: 0.8522 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 00:25:33 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS