|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,977 Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,977 Likes: 200 |
Meridian has announced that its Oxford boutique will open on March 16 - and will apparently be operated by Lewis Building Technologies.
Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.
#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504 #2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia #3: Other stuff
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
|
|
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 757 Likes: 6
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 757 Likes: 6 |
Appointments only - so not looking for passing millionaires!
Lounge/Cinema, Trinnov, DSP8000XE, 4x 320.2 in-ceiling, M6 rear, 2x DSW.2 Roon Nucleus+ and 320.2 in-ceiling in many rooms (KEF in-ceiling in bathrooms) Spare: DSP5000, 598, 562v2, 500Mk2, 518, 519, 504, 101B, M3, 861v4, 800 DVD, MS600, MC200
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 89
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 89 |
Have you Google Street Viewed the location?
Hardly Park Lane. What a complete dump. Whilst you're in demoing some 8Ks you can at least get your tyres swapped over (at ATS) or mail your Auntie an M80 at the DHL depot next door...
The 'Dreaming Spires of Oxford'? I think not.
Their whole behaviour at the moment is Gadaffi-esque. "My people they love me, they love me..."
Zander
861v6, 800, HD621, DSP5500 (x7), DSP5000 (x2), Sooloos C15
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 383
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 383 |
It's not clear from the blurb whether the boutique is at Lewis Building Technologies' site, or elsewhere. FWIW LBT are in Pony Street, an address ripe with connotation for the connoisseur of rhyming slang.
Mark S
Mark Short
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
They have a facebook presence here for those that do that sort of thing. (It seems to be the same address as the Lewis Building Technology one.) They have 10 friends  But in all seriousness, I will be interested to check it out as it will be the closest M dealer to my folks. If I have to get all my gear to a dealer for firmware updates I would probably rather drive it there when visiting than post it somewhere...
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 10
Meridian Partner Harmless
|
|
Meridian Partner Harmless
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 10 |
Hello guys, Just thought I better join as I didn't think it was fair what I had read. I am from LBT and will be one of the salesman at Meridian Oxford. Before working here I spent 11 years as salesman and installer for Sevenoaks Oxford. Right location, when you come and see us do you want to park? If yes then anyone who knows Oxford will realise it can't be in the centre. There are loads of other reasons and yes the main one is cost but location for Oxford couldn't be easier also due to the fact a lot of our clients will be looking at more than just audio our LBT & CLFS offices are also there. Our Facebook account figures, think about guys until Wednesday nobody knew about us so they aren't going to be that high. Please guys just give us a chance we are a new business don't forget. Gadget PS You forgot to mention that we are dead opposite the Mini Factory one of Oxfords biggest attractions 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 531
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 531 |
Hello guys,
Just thought I better join as I didn't think it was fair what I had read.
I am from LBT and will be one of the salesman at Meridian Oxford. Before working here I spent 11 years as salesman and installer for Sevenoaks Oxford. Welcome and all the best with the new venture. Avii
Life but not as we know it...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 10
Meridian Partner Harmless
|
|
Meridian Partner Harmless
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 10 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 10
Meridian Partner Harmless
|
|
Meridian Partner Harmless
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 10 |
I thought I would bring this conversation back as all the people who knocked our location went quiet  So far everyone who has visited has loved our location due to the fact you can park which in Oxford is rare. Anyway for those who haven't our showroom here it is: Due to the fact I am a car nut we have F1 open days this was the British GP ![[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/acegadget/DSC01849.jpg) DSP8000s have now replaced the M80s ![[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/acegadget/ShowroomMedium.jpg) You will be pleased to hear the DSP5200H is now Graphite to match  ![[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/acegadget/CinemaRoomMedium.jpg)
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,164
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|