logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,036
Likes: 15
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,036
Likes: 15
thanks george for all your time and effort and not forgetting knowledge,and a big welcome for duncs .


596, 568.2mm, 562v2, DSP5Ks smileys+3dB, DSP5500.2HC smiley, DSP420'sx4,
DSW1500, LG C8 OLED, SkyQ silver v3+3x mini’s, 3xKef ceiling speakers, 2xMSR+custom keys, Mac Mini.
ATV2, vMSR, Amazon FireTV4k, MC200 1TB, HD621, 4xMS200, Oppo 203, Meridian 258, DSP3200’s, AC200,210 Streamer,218 zone controller,Wiim pro x2.
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 48
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 48
George, Virus, Duncs even though being a "Mostly Harmless" I've learned a lot following you all here.
Thank you George and welcome Duncs.

Ermanno

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Ten years ago I had a 565 and then bought a 596. My dealer pointed me to this site. The help, support and enthusism that this forum generates has taken me to where I am now (mothership, please note!).

George, for all the pleasure I derive from the kit and the comradeship here, I thank you.

Duncs, thanks too for taking this on.


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 13
MI' Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 13
Thanks George, The value, politeness and advice from this site is immeasurable. The quality of this site, is such, that I hardly bother to look on other sites!

To VK, Carl and Duncan thanks too!

Best Wishes Ian


Under review
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 233
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 233
There are no dealers near to me anymore and even when there was forget about getting any technical service. This site has be irreplaceable for me in setting up, configuring and keeping my Meridian gear running to its fullest. Thank you George your all your work over the years.

All the best,
Robert


Living Room Kit: 861v4+ID40, DSP7000, DSP5500, DSP5500HC, HD621
Bedroom Kit: F80
QNAP TVS-471, Roon, iPad Air2
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
From the heart , Many Thanks George . I come from a land with no dealers and precious little backup from M . We would never have got all these years of great entertainment and joy without the support of this site .

Don't stray too far , plenty of fiddlers over here and plenty of room for one more wink

Best for the future ,

~M~


Mostly harmless. Comfortably numb.
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Thank you for a decade of learning and enjoyment. You have created a true community here and we are all grateful for it.


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Its all been said, a big thanks George; as HH helped me alot when I first had Meridian kit so I am happy to help others where I can in return. Alot of people seem to feel like that, its what makes HHGTM great.
I along with many others enjoy this site regularly, even if at times, we havnt got a clue what people (Techies) are talking about.

Be carefull what you start, it may turn out to be an internet institution....Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 513
Likes: 1
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 513
Likes: 1
Thanks, George. I hope you thoroughly enjoy playing music. It's a wonderful gift to give oneself as I'm sure you are discovering. Let us know when your first gig is.


Regards,
Bill

Theater: 861v8+ID41, 218, (2) DSP8KSEs, DSP7200VCSE, (2) DSP5200s, Marantz UD9004, (2) JL Audio F113s, Roon
Whole House: 218s, DSP520s, DSP 320s, Roon
Office: 218, DSP3200s, Roon
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 495
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 495
Thanks from a relative newbie. This is indeed a brilliant site. Make sure you tell us when you release your first fiddle album (and make sure it's in hi-rez).


MC200, Twinstore, 808v6/ID41 -> DSP8000SE (+ SB Touch, Sony BDP-3300, SKYHD, legacy cassette player)
2nd system: MC200 analogue out, Linn LP12, SB3 -> Quad 34 -> M60 rosewood
F80 (Rubino Micallizzato)
F80 (Rosso Corsa)
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
thanks for starting and continuing to support M. and us Hitchhikers. The data and help has been invaluable.


Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW
HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls
Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600
Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC
MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Originally Posted by Meridialien
From the heart , Many Thanks George . I come from a land with no dealers and precious little backup from M . We would never have got all these years of great entertainment and joy without the support of this site .

Don't stray too far , plenty of fiddlers over here and plenty of room for one more wink

Best for the future ,

~M~

Well you could blame the Irish and French Canadian for my new direction.

Toss the Feathers Track - http://www.amazon.com/If-Cap-Fits-Kevin-Burke/dp/B000005CRZ
Perrodin Two-Step Track - http://www.amazon.com/Beau-Solo-Mic...3?ie=UTF8&qid=1288530558&sr=8-13

Those 2 CD Tracks (played 100 times, literally) and a pair of 5K's at work pushed me over the edge to try it.

Music appreciation is really funny. If I heard those two CD's a year earlier (or even NOW 2 years later) I may have just clicked Next and moved on. But I was in the right mood and "preped" by other music to get that point. It's like a complex maze and nobody is in the same exact place in the Music Maze.

Thanks for all the Kudo's. MeridianUnplugged.com would not exist without a good set of members. I remember once someone posting for help and if someone could come over their house to help setup. I read that to myself, and thought good grief this is the internet, nobody is coming to your house. And like 10 people offered to come over !!!

The (online and off) fiddle community is awesome too. What's great though is it's not just big boys with their toys smile. I may share tips with an 8 year old girl one day and an 80 year old man that can barely stand the next. My wife has been a HUGE support. She thought, finally a less expensive hobby and less internet. But she didn't plan on the price of good fiddles (and you can't just have one) and http://fiddlehangout.com


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 666 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.059s Queries: 40 (0.033s) Memory: 0.8892 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 16:42:46 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS