logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 173
Likes: 34
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 173
Likes: 34
I would be interested to find out who is currently using the TACT rcs system with Meridian components and further how sucessful it has been. In particluar any examples with digital speakers.

Chris


2 Meridian 7200SE Speakers, 17 Meridian DSP750 Speakers, 8 Meridian DSP730 Speakers, 8 Meridian DSW-600 Subwoofers, 3 Meridian DSP640.2 Speakers, 24 Meridian DSP320 Speakers, 3 Meridian 271 Digital Cinema Controller, 7 Meridian 218, 1 Meridian 818 v3, 1 Trinnov Altitude 32 Processor, 1 Trinnov Altitude 16 Processor, Barco Freya+
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,653
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,653
Likes: 1
I've just started investigating the exact same thing and would also be interested in hearing any comments.

Unfortunately, for me, there doesn't seem to be a UK distributor for the equipment. Anybody know otherwise?

Mark.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 173
Likes: 34
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 173
Likes: 34
Hi,
I spoke with Audio-T in Epsom. They are in talks with TACT to become a UK supplier. Apparently TACT only wants 2 and then 1 in Ireland. The guy at TACT is a bit slow - great products crap business skills. The TACT guy has been trying to decide about a UK supplier for 2 years!

Chris


2 Meridian 7200SE Speakers, 17 Meridian DSP750 Speakers, 8 Meridian DSP730 Speakers, 8 Meridian DSW-600 Subwoofers, 3 Meridian DSP640.2 Speakers, 24 Meridian DSP320 Speakers, 3 Meridian 271 Digital Cinema Controller, 7 Meridian 218, 1 Meridian 818 v3, 1 Trinnov Altitude 32 Processor, 1 Trinnov Altitude 16 Processor, Barco Freya+
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,653
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,653
Likes: 1
Thanks for this, Chris. TacT said I could order direct from the US but I don't want to do that because I'd like local support in case of problems/returns.

I'll wait until there is a UK dealer before persuing any further.

Mark

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi,

I am not a Meridian user, so I cannot comment on the combination of TacT with Meridian gears but for your information I am in europe and I purchased my TacT 2.2x directly in the states (via one of their online dealer) even though there is a TacT dealer in the country I live in. The price the local dealer is asking was simply prohibitive.

Michel

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,653
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,653
Likes: 1
Can you recommend the online dealer?

Who were they?

Mark

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Yes, www.smalab.com (I bought my 2.2x from them).

Michel

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 87
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 87
I would also be intrestedin people view of RCS in a Meridian syst, as I feel i have a very odd shaped room that is very live.If you clap your hand a very load and distinctive echo can be heard.

Where you u place the TACT 2.0/2.2 in the following set up
598
568.2mm
dynavector amp HX1.2


Do any of you have any other ideas for reducing the live effect of room.

Skooby

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Sometimes very simple room treatment can very efficient as well especially for echo. Do not neglect this solution. The TacT RCS are however very effective in the low freq were room treatement is very difficult to achieve. In your case, for home cinema you would put the RCS between the 568 and your amp, the RCS is in fact a preamp and for stereo 2 channels you can directly go from the 598 to the RCS (bypassing the 568), you can have both in parallel, use digital input of the 2.2x for input from the 598 and use the 2.2x volume control, for home cinema, set the 2.2x to unity gain and tune the volume on the 568 (use the analog out of the 568). That's what I am doing at the moment but not with Meridian gears.

The best place to find info about TacT: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TacTAudioUsersGroup/

Hope this helps.

Michel

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 87
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 87
Thanks for the info.

I in fact only have a 2ch setup so would not want to total bypass the 568, but i would be intrested in other ways to counteract the live echo effect in my room, the bass can also get a bit unrully at high levels but my curtain are comming this weekend so hopefully that should help a bit.

I think that room acustics,espesialy once u start paying �k's for a system become important and are mostly overlooked in the domestic hifi world. As no hifi dealer I've been to ever has any room correction stuff on demo or sale..shame.

Skooby

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
Skooby,
If you are only doing 2 channel, what do you do with the 568 ? I would be tempted to go straight from player to amp in your setup.

Nick


Rgds,
Nick



Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (CMB Integrations - Bruce), 597 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.050s Queries: 36 (0.025s) Memory: 0.8653 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 12:28:38 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS