logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
I would like to read from owners of the new 861v6 that are exclusively using DSP speakers.

Did you upgrade from the G series or the 861v2-4 series?

I realize there have been a few responses in the general v6 thread but perhaps more/other HHikers may share their impressions.

Thanks

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,394
Likes: 26
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Online: Content
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,394
Likes: 26
I had my 861V6 installed yesterday, previously on an 861V4.

I also had my HD621 hooked up at the same time and ran a blu-ray source through it for the first time also.

I spent the evening watching two DVD films on my 800, Walking Tall and Rock Star. The sound is stunningly good. I have read other HH's comments who have heard a harshness in their sound, I have certainly not experienced this at all.

The layers and level of detail have moved on again from the V4 and the handling of the increased sound depths from a blu-ray disc around my five speakers is something else.

I am very happy with my upgrade and at some point will be looking to move to a digital projector to complete the digital arena at home!


Cinema: DSP750 x3, DSP3300 x 4, DSW.2 x 3, Trinnov A32, 271, Oppo 203, Toshiba HD-DVD, SKY Puck, Sony XW7000 PJ, Screen Research AT, Kaleidescape 4K 30TB
Lounge: 861v8, 808v6, UHD722, DSP8000SEPP, DSP7200HCSE, DSP3300, DSW x 2, 504, C15, Sony UBP-X800, SKY Puck
Bedroom: DSP5200SEHC, G65, UHD722, G08, DSW, M6, C15, 210, SKY Puck
Spare: 818v3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,008 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.083s Queries: 19 (0.066s) Memory: 0.8218 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 06:20:53 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS