logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi Stacey,

Do you have a DSP setup or analogue?

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 1,567
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 1,567
Hi Carl,

I have a 7.1 system. The sides and sub are analog, the rest are DSP.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 880
Likes: 3
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 880
Likes: 3
Can I just check, wrt 568: under "node outputs" I have the following repeated 3 times, once each for Output 0, 1 and 2 (which I take it are my front 3 speakers, the only ones which exist):

int "Output type" 3
int Sub 0
int "Music output" 1
int "Logic output" 1
int "5.1 output" 1
int Gain 0
int Delay 0
int Size 31
int Phase 0
int Bits 3
int "Sub wide" 0
int Distance 168
int LFE 1

According to the wiki I should set the following for each one using (eg) Notepad:

int Gain 30

I just want to make sure this is correct as the subsequent text in the wiki on manual adjustment seems to talk about adding 1 being the equivalent of 0.5db and I just want to check I'm not adding 15db!

Thanks,
Duncan

Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
Duncan

With respect, I'd leave well alone on this tweak until you are very familiar with using the legacy program and configuring the unit in non-tweaked form. After a period of time, by all means try, but at this stage, just don't, it's asking for trouble.

Cheers

George

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 880
Likes: 3
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 880
Likes: 3
Message received!

Duncan

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (swpnt, Maxwell98), 545 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.064s Queries: 26 (0.026s) Memory: 0.8498 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 14:13:09 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS