logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Likes: 2
Hi Carl,

Yep, i'm using XP service pack 3 with the .NET Framework 3.5 installed.

It's just not having any of it. frown

Looks like i'll have to do it the manual way...


Another question on the topic of the +3db boost. I went back into MConfig and fetched the data back and it displays the gain at -16db in the speaker properties for each DSP speaker. The analogue speakers were unchanged. Has anyone else experienced this?


Neill
G61r, UHD722, DSP5200s (L,C,R), DSP5k (Rears), 2x M1500, F80, i80, Explorer 1&2
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,766
Likes: 6
Robert.W
Great Green Arkleseizure
Robert.W
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,766
Likes: 6
Neill,

fetching back gives you exact the values what george great programm determinate.
But dont click on the values, because then the jumping back to standard 0 dB(?).

Robert


800v3/218/271/8k.2/5k5s smile /5kC/DSP3200/Reviver/
TT-ELP/Graham Slee Revelation/Trinnov Altitude 32/OPPO 205
__Ayon/HB/Shunyata/Miltzow -- power cables,
__Ayon/Jungson/Miltzow --analog, Miltzow-- digital,
__Vortex/WMA ,
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Likes: 2
Hi Robert,

Thanks for replying, the thing is, I don't touch the speaker settings at all, that's what is displayed in Mconfig!
I can manually go into the MSL file, like the tutorial, change all of the DSP speaker settings to +3db and then go into Mconfig and the values are displayed as +3 in the speaker settings. Which is good.

When I fetch the information back from the processor at a later date, all of the values for the DSP speakers are set to -16db in Mconfig. Is there some kind of strange dialogue within the processor or Mconfig that says "+3db is not right, we had better be safe and set it at -16db..."?

So the best way to do it is to continually go from a saved version of the MSL file and upload that each time rather than fetching the data back and working on that?


Neill
G61r, UHD722, DSP5200s (L,C,R), DSP5k (Rears), 2x M1500, F80, i80, Explorer 1&2
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Originally Posted by Neill
So the best way to do it is to continually go from a saved version of the MSL file and upload that each time rather than fetching the data back and working on that?

This is always the best way to use M-Config. Fetching a stored config can often lead to problems such a missing data etc; it's best to avoid when possible.

I keep an archive of my M-Config files by copying the last one and changing it's date before making any changes to it. This way if there is a screw up, or I just want to compare an older config; it's very easy and no risk.

Carl 2010-06-28 (861v6, 7K2 & SLS with old MRC).msl
Carl 2010-06-29 (861v6, 7K2 & SLS with old MRC)_ht18.msl
Carl 2010-06-30 (861v6, 7K2 & SLS with new MRC).msl
Carl 2010-06-30 (861v6, 7K2 & SLS with new MRC)_ht18.msl

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
I never actually tried fetching +3dB data back from processor (because I never do). As Carl suggests it's generally not a good idea because you cannot fetch MRC Measuremnent data.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,766
Likes: 6
Robert.W
Great Green Arkleseizure
Robert.W
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,766
Likes: 6
fetching back is not accurate on all setups,
thats old sw bugs from Meridian.
I allways have lost or changed data when I fetched back my 800/861 combo.
I dit tell this M, but...

Robert


800v3/218/271/8k.2/5k5s smile /5kC/DSP3200/Reviver/
TT-ELP/Graham Slee Revelation/Trinnov Altitude 32/OPPO 205
__Ayon/HB/Shunyata/Miltzow -- power cables,
__Ayon/Jungson/Miltzow --analog, Miltzow-- digital,
__Vortex/WMA ,
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Likes: 2
Thanks for the tips!

The HTDGO software worked, after a few sneaky updates from Microsoft.

As for the Mconfig situation, I wont fetch anymore, just send. I've just gotten hold of a new HD621 so I thought i'd spring clean all of the settings! (Playing some SACD stuff from my PS3 sounds spectacular).

Everything is working as it should now! grin

Thanks again! smile


Neill
G61r, UHD722, DSP5200s (L,C,R), DSP5k (Rears), 2x M1500, F80, i80, Explorer 1&2
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Great. Which update fixed it?


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 174
Likes: 2
Hi George,

Unfortunately I don't know which update cured it. I had 6 updates and just let XP handle it. I'm running it on my MacBook Pro through Parallels.


Neill
G61r, UHD722, DSP5200s (L,C,R), DSP5k (Rears), 2x M1500, F80, i80, Explorer 1&2
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 726
Likes: 15
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 726
Likes: 15
I've been reading through all this info very carefully, but just to be sure I understand, you're recommending that - for example - for stereo (2-channels only) that you set the L & R to +3dB regardless of the levels you've measured with your SPL + MConfig ?

For example, using speaker calibration I currently have :-

L -6.0 / C -2.5 / R -6.0 / Rs -2.5 / RR -3.0 / Ls -2.0 / Lr -5.0 / Sub -10.0

If I set my fronts to +3.0dB then I think I'll blow my windows out : that's a +9.0dB difference to measured !
Adding +9.0dB to all of my channels would lead me into some other (rather expensive) problems methinks....

I'm hoping I've misunderstood, or perhaps have done something fundamentally wrong with the speaker calibration.


Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
We're not trying to achieve 75dB SPL with the test tones. We're trying to get a full scale digital signal to the speakers.

Run your system volume at 9 clicks less than you normally do! wink


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 1,567
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 1,567
Quote
We're not trying to achieve 75dB SPL with the test tones. We're trying to get a full scale digital signal to the speakers.

In my setup the only way to achieve 75 dB is with the +3dB setting. I found that interesting.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (enjorl, Soundserge, JCD), 409 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.052s Queries: 40 (0.026s) Memory: 0.8935 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 08:47:43 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS