|
|
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147 |
I never use Radio and now when testing I press Radio and when I toggle between sources the Radio plays through all of them. A glitch. Re-upped the config to no avail.
Any help much appreciated.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18 |
Try and do a fetch and see if there is something about audio source: last valid or something like that when taking properties on processor in MConfig.
But when all else fails, retype and then upload the config?
DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147 |
thanks crion.
also is there a way to write a custom Label w/in the DSP speakers? I managed to choose from the standard offerings of Music (for iTunes) and Movies (for Dune player) but wanted iTunes and Dune label w/in DSP. Is this possible?
Thanks
EDIT: I would like to disable Radio if possible.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1 |
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
I don't think you can delete radio source from a G68. You can play with labels but I don't think you can unmap it. You possibly can by editing msl file. But it may come back next time you use mconfig.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147 |
Big Thanks for that! I'll paste the how-to here again just in case someone wants to do this (Meridian updated their speakers since then and I chose Movies and Music instead of Disc and VCR2  ) : From Fitcaz: "This is a quick reply/version of what I did. I have Meridian Config downloaded onto my PC and have downloaded all the manuals and latest firmware files from Meridian. The speaker firmware files are in a folder called Loudspeakers (mmm nice!)in the Meridian folder in the Programs folder of the PC. It doesnt really matter but to keep track I copied the DSP5200 files into a seperate working folder. There are three files per speaker type. To update the speaker firmware you need the right leads. I purchased a RS232 null modem cable and a USB to RS232 converter cable to connect my DSPs to PC. There are plenty to choose from and mine cost around �8 in total inc P&P. I downloaded a freeware hex editor called XVI32. I like its simple operation and search function and you can see hex and ascii at the same time. I opened up the file d5k2_130.mfu in the hex editor. I selected the labels C1 to C7 to edit. These are at address 2535 in the file (just scroll down the file). Other labels can of course be changed or edited but C1 to C7 were redundant for me. Just type in what you want to see in the text part - you only have five characters per label so you can see in the editor C1 and three blanks before C2. I saved the file with a new name but this is not essential. If you save with a new name you then need to edit the MFP file to show the new file name. Eg open the dsp5200.mfp in a text editor and change the mfu name= "d5k2_130.mfu" to mfu name= "new filename". If not leave the MFP as is. I also editted the manifest for my own tracking but not essential. I then opened the .mfp file with the Flash Upload Tool and downloaded the firmware file to the speakers. Once successfully downloaded I reset the speakers and followed the speaker instructions to select and save the label for each source. Details of how to do this are in the DSP manual. And thats it. Limitations - only DSP5200s tried. Two different sets of labels tried and no checksum problems. Note there are other areas within the code that have text labels, so for me trial and error and file comparison to previous firmware versions showed 2535 to be the address to edit. This label range starts at 24F9 (None). Have fun - if you edit something else in the code and blow something up dont blame me (its at your risk) but my kids like it when the speakers say Wii and not VCR2. "
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147 |
I don't think you can delete radio source from a G68. You can play with labels but I don't think you can unmap it. You possibly can by editing msl file. But it may come back next time you use mconfig. My issue is that if I turn the radio on as a test then every other preset plays the radio. A have to turn off the G68 to clear that glitch. My solution for now since I never use the radio is to put a blank over the MSR+ where the radio is and not use it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1 |
I thought that the config solution had gone into the Wiki, but I couldn't find it there. :-(
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
I think it's hardly worth the work of hex editing the speaker firmware for an input he doesn't want at all.
Anyway I just tried editing MSL I think you can unmap the radio.
Just delete MSR="Radio"
Change
<source id="0x27934b4" MSR="Radio" name="Radio" type="G68ADV" x="46" y="9">
to
<source id="0x27934b4" name="Radio" type="G68ADV" x="46" y="9">
Now open in MConfig and now Radio comes up as a Phantom to the "Tuner" (in right click properties on G68 sources). You can Uncheck it now.
Now Radio is unmapped and is free to use elsewhere.
I also added a CD player and mapped it to Radio MSR Key.
Maybe you can do this in UI by clever renames or something. But I don't know how.
When all done saving out with Radio unchecked MSL ends up looking like this
<source id="0x264c10c" name="G68ADV" type="G68ADV" x="67" y="15">
I DID NOT download this to G68 but I think it will work because nothing is mapped to Radio and MConfig seems fine about it.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|