logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
If I have a component video device connected to my G68, will that device be passed to the output when the G68 is in standby? Or am I being hopelessly naive?


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Well obviously you can put g68 in standby and try it yourself with a composite signal or whatever you have available.

However iirc that 562 video would remain active in standby and I think this useful feature was carried on into g68. Not sure if it would transcode formats though ie s-video/composite but I don't think component will need any passive components for just switching.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
I don't think so.. All goes blank whenever I did it.


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 62
BAV Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 62
Nope it turns off the video im afraid......


CHG Ltd

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Colin Triggs), 439 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.042s Queries: 23 (0.016s) Memory: 0.8341 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 20:18:00 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS