logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Hi all,

I own a Sooloos C10 and 2 TwinStores and I'm very happy with the system. Uploading and ripping I do via either a PC or a Mac, and it's Control:Mac that's giving me problems. From time to time it seems to loose connection with the Sooloos system - the C:Mac screen goes blanc, the little wheel is displayed and after a second the screen returns, showing the "play" mode. Until recently it was merely annoying because the software continued to do what it was busy doing: ripping a CD. But since the most recent update (Control:Mac 2.200, build 128) Control:Mac stops importing and spits out the CD.
Supposing a softwareproblem I uninstalled and reinstalled C:Mac, to no avail. Thinking it might be a networkproblem I tried a different Catcable (the same instability), a different switch (the same), and I hooked up a laptop using the connection the iMac normally uses. The laptop is windows based and runs Control:PC. C:PC performs stable, on any machine on my network. The network itself is a stable performer and all devices talk to each other and to the outside without problems.
So now I'm puzzeled. I think the instability originates within C:Mac but: do other users have similar problems? And do you have suggestions for solving them? Thanks in advance!

Cheers, J.

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 191
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 191
Hi,

I use both Control:PC and Control:Mac, and have found the same frustrating problem that you have - Control:Mac is not very good, Control:PC seems to be OK.

Sorry that I can't offer any suggestion for solving the problem; when I mentioned the problem to someone at Meridian a few months ago, I was led to believe that they knew that Control:Mac was not as well developed as Control:PC is. However, I have no idea what will be done to improve matters.

Ian



C10, TwinStore(RM), MC600, MS600, MS200, Explorer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28
DE Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28
Hi Johannes
I don't have the Sooloos kit so this may be a silly question, but why are you uploading via Mac or PC rather than the Control:10? Is there a quality or speed issue when using the Sooloos option vs. a computer to get your music into the TwinStores?
Regards
Dom


MD600-->818-->very insecure DSP3100s
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Hi Ian,

Over the weekend I took my research one step further and started checking the CAT 5/6 wiring of the system components. I noticed that some functioned on a 100Mb/s level and others on the 1000Mb/s level the switch provides. I also experienced data dropout on one of the TwinStores after changing and rechanging switches. I rewired the CAT-cable on this component and since then the problems I mentioned in my post with C:Mac didn't occur.
So my educated guess for now is that the C:Mac problem was sparked by a momentary data dropout due to unreliable wiring: the iMac loses contact with the system, starts looking for it and finds it again when datatransfer is reestablished. Since the problems never occurred when I hooked up a windows machine, I guess C:PC is better equipped to handle temporarily data dropout than C:Mac is?!?
Anyhow, C:Mac is stable now for about 24 hours and when it remains that way for the next 12, I consider the problem solved for now.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Hi Dom,

It's a matter of convenience. Metadata and coverart are adapted faster through C:PC and C:Mac and not all Sooloos functions are accessible when ripping with the C10.

Cheers, J.


Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ashley Canning, Relham), 268 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.060s Queries: 25 (0.023s) Memory: 0.8425 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 13:17:21 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS