logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Crion #113060 2010-03-08 07:37
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
Yes, the HD621 acts as a HDMI terminator (sink) when your display device is off. It switches over automatically.


Malcolm
MalcolmW #113082 2010-03-08 11:30
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 37
Foz Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 37
I`ve sorted out my compatibility issue with 1.08. I had 1.04 working fine and as soon as I loaded 1.05 and 1.08 I developed video & audio problems. The actual problem was that the system couldn`t lock on the DSP setting. It was constantly swiching between Trifield and Cinema. It would only occur at the PS3 menu or when playing Bluray. It was fine when playing a DVD as it would lock onto Cinema DSP and stay there.

I checked all my settings again but still couldn`t resolve the problem. I then decided to replace the HDMI cable and it is now working fine. So much for the whizz bang expensive, up to date 1.3a, deep colour support HDMI cable. Plugged in my original bargain basement cable and it did the trick.


Foz


Theater: 861v8+ID41, HD621, DSP7200, DSP5200c, DSP5000, DSP5500, Paradigm subs, OPPO BDP-93, Sim2 300E, Roon
Family: MS200, DSP5000
Home Office: 218, Audeze LCD 1
Office: Prime, Sennheiser HD650
Foz #113180 2010-03-09 02:44
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
So has everyone that updated to 1.08 have a perfectly functioning HD621 then?


MalcolmW #113181 2010-03-09 03:46
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 687
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 687
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by malcolmw
Yes, the 621 acts as a HDMI terminator (sink) when your display device is off. It switches over automatically.

Thank you Malcolm. I've completed my HD621 install and tested...all formats perform as you say...no display needed and that's great for me. Wonder if it's always been this way, at dealer's we had audio drop out when video was off. But I'm on 1.07, not the very latest. Thank you again. JimK


Roon, Technics SL10 turntable, Meridian 218, Jolida tube DAC, Nuforce STA 200 Amp and passive Swallow Acoustics ALS2 speakers
Dr.Bill #113189 2010-03-09 08:55
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 104
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 104

I do - 1.0.8 has shown no flaws yet (but there again, I saw very few with previous releases). I use mine everyday and I have no problems. Since I picked my HD621 up on the day of HH2, I think I've only had to reboot twice - just lucky, I guess.

Liam


Liam #113192 2010-03-09 09:43
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Alright then, will upgrade to 1.0.8 later this evening..


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Crion #113420 2010-03-12 07:29
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
I had to re-run mconfig and so was inspired to try once more the 1.08 fw. Before I attempted the upgrade I checked how 1.05 performed on powering on and switching between sources and there was a double-click mild audio splat and this was tolerable with very quick lock-in. Then I tried the 1.08 and had 6 audio-splats followed by blinking HS=Y lights and then it finally locked-in. Needless to say I reverted back to 1.05.



If anyone has tracked a difference between the two versions, them please chime in. Thank you.

Dr.Bill #113431 2010-03-12 09:30
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Yes moving from 1.04 to 1.08 gives a slight audiosplat when changing between sources.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Crion #113437 2010-03-12 10:16
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 419
(MDS Norway AS)
Hitchhiker
(MDS Norway AS)
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 419
Originally Posted by crion
Yes moving from 1.04 to 1.08 gives a slight audiosplat when changing between sources.

Please add your setup so it`s easier seeing .....What u have!

Last edited by pers1; 2010-03-12 10:16.

40th.Anv.DSP8000SE &861v8/ID41,Meridian Ultra Dac,C15 Black w/SSD,QNAP TS-669Pro 6X3 Tb w/Core,HD621,Oppo UDP-203 ,JVC DLA-X700R, 2xJL Audio F112v2, Marantz 8802A for Atmos with KEF Reference 5 and 4C withR700 sides & rears and 4xKEF R50 Atmos
PerS1 #113439 2010-03-12 11:10
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
To ease googlesearch I put them in Profile/Hobbies smile

1.08 feels "snappier" though I think.


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
Crion #113443 2010-03-12 11:24
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
I have analogue speakers and no "splat" problems.

Now I have tried different discs and settings, I reckon the 1.08 is "faster" in some way at relaying HDMI data to the projector as I get less flickering and colour flashes on the screen when output modes change.


Malcolm
MalcolmW #113471 2010-03-12 16:51
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 147
Thank you gentlemen for the replies. I will remain at 1.05 since for me "faster" is gauged exclusively on boot-up and in my setup 1.08 takes too long to lock-in and the prolonged splat clicks are upsetting to my sensitivities.

Will wait for 1.1 smile



Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 852 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,193
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.056s Queries: 40 (0.025s) Memory: 0.8832 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 12:12:40 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS