logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Just a quick one really.

All the literature suggests I have to have a 511 patch box to hook the comms up coming from a 568.2mm.

However, I just can't get my head round why I can't go into the front left speaker as master, then slave to centre, slave again to front right, then slave again to rear right and then once more to rear left.

What am I missing??


No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Oh, will be 33 rears for now.


No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
missing nothing....just split the SPDIF and comms leads and route them as you mention above. Works fine. SPDIF routes in pairs of course.


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Excellent, thanks Nick!! smile


No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
I'm all analogue speaker-wise at the moment and I'm trying to work toward a DSP front three, starting with a lone centre if I can get one at the right price. I was trying to work out the answer to this same issue if and when I got the front pair to follow. Can I get away without the patch box then? I must admit to being scared of going DSP. I've never even dared attempt to upgrade firmware or use Meridian Config !


.
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
This is the answer from a previous posting. I cut and pasted it into a file on my computer so don't now know who wrote it. VK perhaps?

Master cable (comms + audio) from 568.2MM to Master speaker (usually, but not always, the centre)
Slave cable (comms only) from Master speaker to left main (say).
Master cable (audio only) from 568.2MM to left main.
Slave cable (comms + audio) from left main to right main.


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
@jobseeker

There are just a few principles to get your head around and beyond that it's common sense and this forum to get you up the learning curve. RTFM often helps but some key pieces of info don't always jump out at you.


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
[quote=jobseeker I must admit to being scared of going DSP. I've never even dared attempt to upgrade firmware or use Meridian Config ! [/quote]

I was the same. I have had a 561 for years, but was using it with analog speakers. Recently bought a 861 and some DSP33s, so I downloaded MConfig (on a MacBook using Parallels no less) and set up three of the speakers in my living room (the media room is under construction). Took me a couple hours one Sunday, but really no problem. MConfig pretty much gave me a layout and how to run the cables and I ended up daisy chaining the comms. So come on in, the water's fine smile


Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
Thanks guys


.

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 179 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.049s Queries: 33 (0.027s) Memory: 0.8607 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 02:44:34 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS