logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#103104 2009-11-07 10:12
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Harmless
Harmless
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Hello,
Sorry guys for bothering you with this topic, but I need some help. VirusKiller referred in a topic to WIKI and named the addres. WIKI doesn't work for me and the given addres didn't work either. I tried to e-mail the webmaster and got George's e-mail addres. That was rejected too! So now I'am lost. I'd really want to use WIKI to avoid putting in another stupid question. Can you help me out George?
Gr. Paul.

Rawlander #103106 2009-11-07 11:50
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
Paul, if you click in the wiki link above does it not work ?



Rgds,
Nick


ncpl #103107 2009-11-07 12:02
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
There appears to be a consistent problem in accessing the Wiki from the Benelux countries, particularly the Netherlands.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
VirusKiller #103108 2009-11-07 12:04
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 866
Likes: 2
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 866
Likes: 2
I have no problems accessing the Wiki, I just tried a couple of pages. Which specific page is giving problems?

Evdberg #103111 2009-11-07 14:23
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
I you read the bounce back email it tells you how to reach me. I use the method to prevent spam.

As far as wiki goes some ISPs for some reason block it. When I get some spare time I may put up a new wiki. But that won't won't happen until I get to the bottom of malware break-ins. Which is under control but not solved at this time.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Fiddler #103113 2009-11-07 14:41
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Harmless
Harmless
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Nick, if I click on WIKI it doesn't work. George, my e-mail to you couldn't be delivered! "No such user here" was told me. Checked your e-mail adres several times and typed it correct!
For now I just want to know how to get to the hidden 96 menu of the G98.
Gr. Paul


G68ADV, G98DH, 7000, 5200, 5200HC, JVC LCD, Samsung HD cable-receiver, Gefen 4x2 HDMI switcher, MIT cables and Logitech Harmony 1000.
Rawlander #103115 2009-11-07 15:27
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
With the G98, IIRC you can access all the "96" features via Mconfig.


Malcolm
MalcolmW #103142 2009-11-07 23:31
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Here is the wiki info in 96 menu

•What's the 96 Menu for and why do I care?

1.The 96 Menu is not documented in the manuals.
2.It's sort of like a mini service menu.
3.MConfig used with G9x/80x duplicates some/all of the items items in the menu
4.Also accessible as 98 menu on some models - no use but a bit of trivia.
•What does it allow me todo ?

1.It allows you change a DVD-A player into a DVD Player so you can view the DVD content often provided with DVD-A's.
2.It allows you to set the region code - I don't think it does, at least, not last time I looked - for that you need an ASCII serial connection
3.It allows you to bypass trailers / patronising copyright adverts when other DVD players force you to watch. I.e. it prevents disabling of the navigation buttons when the DVD says so.
•How do you enter the 96 Menu?

1.You enter the 96 Menu by ejecting the DVD drawer
2.Enter <9><6><Enter> on your remote. <9><8><Enter> also works on some models. On the 1.89.2 firmware of the 598, the menu does not appear to be accessible with <9><8><Enter>, but <9><6><Enter> still works.
•Which DVD players support it

1.596
2.598
3.G9x
4.800


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Fiddler #103158 2009-11-08 09:46
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Harmless
Harmless
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Thanks very much George (and the others).
Gr. Paul.


G68ADV, G98DH, 7000, 5200, 5200HC, JVC LCD, Samsung HD cable-receiver, Gefen 4x2 HDMI switcher, MIT cables and Logitech Harmony 1000.

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 202 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.044s Queries: 33 (0.024s) Memory: 0.8609 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 22:35:27 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS