logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#102207 2009-10-21 21:50
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Harmless
Harmless
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Hello,
Probably this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer. I see a lot of Mac users on this forum and I would like to know if they found a way to run the Mconfig program on there Mac. I'm very curious because I'm seriously considering to change to Mac.
Gr. Paul.


G68ADV, G98DH, 7000, 5200, 5200HC, JVC LCD, Samsung HD cable-receiver, Gefen 4x2 HDMI switcher, MIT cables and Logitech Harmony 1000.
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 104
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 104
I use bootcamp and run XP on my Mac without problem. Others will advise what else works.

Liam


Liam #102209 2009-10-21 23:37
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 691
Likes: 4
Formerly Meridian506
Paranoid android
Formerly Meridian506
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 691
Likes: 4
If you search for "Parallels", there are multiple threads over the last two years with lots of options and advice. I only chose Parallels since it always comes up as an option, and is a fairly unique keyword smile


Living room: DSP5000.3
WFH Office: M33
Bedroom: P200ZQ
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 426
Likes: 18
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 426
Likes: 18
I have just moved over to a mac and am really happy. For me it works very well for work. I was thinking of having a play around with my settings on the processor this weekend...... So does that mean there is no way of configuring my settings with a mac?


Dedicated theater room: 30'x15'x9
11-4-4 Atmos System. Trinnov Altitude16, 271, DSP750 LCR, DSP7200.2, sides, 7200SE Rear, 5200.2 front sides, 4 x 320.2 atmosphere, 4 x 24" GSG Subs, 2 x Stereo Integrity 12000 (6000w per sub each with own 30amp circuit)
JVC NZ900+DCR Lens Projector, Kaleidescape system.
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 691
Likes: 4
Formerly Meridian506
Paranoid android
Formerly Meridian506
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 691
Likes: 4
"So does that mean there is no way of configuring my settings with a mac?"

Here is a good thread from last year: https://www.meridianunplugged.com/u...bb=showflat&Number=83480&fpart=1 that covers the options. Also, entering "site:meridianunplugged.com mac mconfig" into Google brings up all the relevant threads on using a Mac and MConfig. I don't think it has been mentioned, but for free (provided you have a copy of Windows already) you may also be able to use Virtual Box.

I'll see about adding this to the WIKI...


Living room: DSP5000.3
WFH Office: M33
Bedroom: P200ZQ
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
I generally try not to add thread links to the wiki because they eventually may break. But I added this thread for now.

If you can pull something together in a post VK or I can add it to the wiki.

Thanks


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980
Likes: 200
I tackled the Meridian guys on this issue while attending HH2...

They maintain the success to achieving a connection between a Mac running M.Config (running Windows) and a Meridian component is to use a Keyspan USB to Serial cable (and to load the associated drivers that come with this specific cable).

For me, M.Config runs fine on CrossOverMac Professional - and on the freely available VirtualBox (running XP Pro).

http://www.codeweavers.com

http://www.virtualbox.org


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,980
Likes: 55
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,980
Likes: 55
For those moving to the Apple OS, can I assume you are / were a Microsoft OS user?
If so, keep your old machine, especially if it's a laptop.

The configuration programs don't require anything special hardware wise, so older machines will more than do.

I am a Mac person at home, but I have a (very) old PIII machine running XP that I use to configure my 568.

The other benefit of older machines is real serial ports.

Steve.

Syles #102264 2009-10-22 16:04
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
I am using Mac exclusively. I'd rather not infect my Mac with Microsoft software. Painful Windows memories still haunt me...

So, I keep an old laptop with Windows XP that is exclusively used for configuring Meridian. A old laptop with Windows XP and an RS-232 port can be purchased for a very reasonable price.



Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.051s Queries: 33 (0.028s) Memory: 0.8595 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 21:51:02 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS