|
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 75
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 75 |
Following up on a topic broached in the earlier thread on G68 apodizing filters, I've been wondering if there was a Meridian alternative to my G68xxv (pre USB input) without all the video inputs which now are completely unneeded for many. I looked at the G61R which also has the advantage of not having an unneeded analogue radio tuner but the issue for me is it has no analogue outputs for a 2nd zone. What probably does fill the gap is a G68xxd seems to be an xxv without video inputs but with digital outputs and USB input. Although Meridian's literature says it was developed for the American market, I actually wrote Meridian several weeks ago to ask whether it was possible to get my G68 updated to an xxd. To date, I've had no response....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 425
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 425 |
Those 10 digital outputs on the XXD and AXD variants, where are they used for ?
G68J, HD621, ...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351 Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351 Likes: 1 |
Meridian Digital Speakers, I believe :-)
Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600 Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
|
|
|
|
1 members (ChrisSwain),
635
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|