logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#97208 2009-07-10 19:02
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 75
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 75
Just got an HD621 and a Panasonic Bluray recorder and am experiencing a problem I can't figure out. I set the output on the Bluray Recorder for PCM instead of bitstream and when I'm just using the tuner on the Bluray Recorder, everything is fine. When I record things to the hard drive however and then play them back, background music plays fine but voices are faint/inaudible. When I change the output to bitstream, the recorded programme plays back fine. I guess it's some decoding thing either in the Bluray recorder or HD621. Anyone have any ideas on how I might be able play back recorded programmes via PCM??

Number6.mi #97240 2009-07-11 09:41
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
I don't seem to have that problem with my BS850 - at least playing back the few programs I've so far recorded in HD such as Torchwood.

My HDMI setting are

PCM downmix -off
Dolby HD - PCM
DTS HD -PCM
BD secondary audio -off

Cliff


Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (CMB Integrations - Bruce), 243 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,179
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.051s Queries: 19 (0.017s) Memory: 0.8212 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 13:03:28 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS