Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#276399 - 2018-05-27 01:55 Sooloos system cannot locate NAS storage
ukBradshaw Offline
Harmless
ukBradshaw Offline
Harmless

Loc: Los Angeles, USA
Hello fellow members,

Thank you so far for the advice and information over the years.

My Meridian system consisted of a C10 TwinStore and MS600.

My TwinStore failed and after trying to correct the issue went the QNAP NAS path after reading all the forums. This worked successfully for a few months until this morning when after turning the Meridian system off & on (the NAS stays on all the time) it could not locate the music.

I tried all the available screens on C10 and Control:PC but obviously I am dumb since I could not find anything to point to the QNAP.
I have searched the forums and there was one thread but did not contain the information on how to do it. There maybe another but I could not find it.

Can someone please help by telling me where the information is or give some practical advice on how to do it.

Bye for now,
UKBradshaw

PS I have the TwinStore for spare parts.

#276403 - 2018-05-27 06:54 Re: Sooloos system cannot locate NAS storage [Re: ukBradshaw]
Ratbert Offline
Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Ratbert Offline
Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal

Loc: Europe
Hi

Have you tried rebooting the NAS, that would be the first thing to try, if that fails then you could try logging into the NAS by entering its IP address into your browser window. If you don’t know the IP address use QNAP’s Qfinder program for Windows or Mac the NAS default user is Admin and the password is admin (although hopefully you have changed it).

Once you are logged in you will see a series of icons one is the App center if you select this you should see the Sooloos app, ensure it is enabled, in fact it may be a good idea to disable it and re-enable it by clicking the ‘switch’ on the app.

Sooloos wise I don’t believe there is any configuration to do, the NAS should show up automatically as ‘non Sooloos storage’

Never pass up a good chance to shut up!
#276431 - 2018-05-28 01:24 Re: Sooloos system cannot locate NAS storage [Re: Ratbert]
ukBradshaw Offline
Harmless
ukBradshaw Offline
Harmless

Loc: Los Angeles, USA
Hello Ratbert,
In the words of the IT Crowd "Have you tried turning it off and off".
It worked and how I laughed at myself.
Thanks Ratbert you are a gentleman.

Moderator:  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 
Who's Online
7 registered (Colin Triggs, swpnt, Rolski, Mr Meridian, Falcon, SteveS), 52 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ShowaSanke, JustAlex, QuantumAudio, Phil66, MrTechGuy
4657 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ratbert 45
Carl 31
CMB Integrations - Bruce 20
X999 15
Mtns 13
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12370
Fiddler 8667
ncpl 8458
Carl 7750
Ian 7513
Forum Stats
4,657 Registered Members
18 Forums
25,328 Topics
256,549 Posts

Most users ever online: 211 @ 2015-05-05 14:40
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant