Regarding the Most Complete MQA list.

Posted by: Still-one

Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-11-20 20:50

Today (20-November) the OP posed a question within his new MQA titles list as to whether we are finding the list useful.

Here was his post. "A catch-up of VA Albums, please let me know if you are finding these lists useful in the MQA discussion thread: "

My answer is a resounding YES. Thanks for all of the effort.
Posted by: GMT

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-11-20 21:26

very useful - thanks very much . Please don't stop!

cheers
Tom
Posted by: Vorticity

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-11-20 21:41

Today (20-November) the OP posed a question within his new MQA titles list as to whether we are finding the list useful.

A big YES (very useful) from me also. Many thanks!
Posted by: Niek

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-11-24 11:54

A BIG YES, THANK YOU!
Posted by: BengTi

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-11-24 12:48

OMG ! dont stop ! its the only way to navigate all the content !
Posted by: CMB Integrations - Bruce

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-11-24 14:04

Yes, I make library additions daily based on the list updates.
Posted by: dpstjp

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-11-24 14:05

An extremely resounding "Yes".
Posted by: Hector

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-11-25 12:11

Keep going please and many thanks.

Only criticism is aimed at Tidal when posted links are accessed "Content is no longer available" message is received, for a small number of interesting albums. Frustrating after the hard work put in.

Hector
Posted by: MQA_List

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-11-25 23:02

Originally Posted By Hector
"Content is no longer available" message

Not all albums are available everywhere, I suspect these ones are US only.
Posted by: Hector

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-12-23 16:39

Understood, however for future success standardisation is required.
Your fantastic work is undermined by Tidal inability to resolve this global market issue. in the UK we pay a relatively high price for this service but appear to have access to less content. Likely to result in discontent crazy
Think global act local is not relevant here. Think global act global is.

Hector
Posted by: RobertW

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-12-23 19:45

Thank once more for your great work, please keep going smile

Robert
Posted by: CMB Integrations - Bruce

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2017-12-30 14:32

+1, I look forward to each update.

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-01-28 08:46

Thanks again to the poster of the MQA list. It really makes discovering the music much less painful. Happy to add Karajan’s milestone choral works to the catalogue.
Posted by: RGraham

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-01-28 09:31

Really great to have all of the MQA releases in one place.

Still having the problem that the Universal ones take a few days to come through to Roon, though I can find them through search in Sooloos. Not a big issue, though sometimes there is such a good batch of releases impatience kicks in.

On tenterhooks for the Sony releases to come through...wonder how much longer?

Richard
Posted by: RobertW

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-01-28 19:18

Following the links sometimes Ifind more or less two albums.

One is MQA and the other one is regular, what sense is behind that to make doulble work?

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-02-05 14:34

Anyone having troubles with the latest set of links in the MQA new albums update? Previously clicking on the link would open a new browser window on my iPhone that loads Tidal and then jumps to the Tidal app where I land on the album page. Now it goes straight to the app and can’t load any of the albums.

Thanks for your feedback if you have similar experience.

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-04-17 15:37

I am hoping the author of the "Most Complete Audio List" continues to update on a regular basis. It has been about 3 weeks since the last new releases have been posted.

PLEASE!!

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-04-18 20:05

I guess I was partially mistaken. Although the new MQA releases have not been added to the Sticky Thread here on this site, the Google file appears to have been updated on the 15th of this month. I guess I was spoiled having the new finds posted each week for us here.
Posted by: MQA_List

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-04-21 06:37

There had not been that much released over the last few weeks, until yesterday. But always check the CSV file in post 1 on the thread as that will get updated when ever any albums are found. (CSV is quick to update; posting in the topic takes longer.)

Glad people find it useful.

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-04-23 23:21

Yes. Thanks for continuing to update the file.
Posted by: Vorticity

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-05-01 14:55

Originally Posted By MQA_List
There had not been that much released over the last few weeks, until yesterday. But always check the CSV file in post 1 on the thread as that will get updated when ever any albums are found.
I realized recently that it is straightforward to replicate the information about new MQA releases that was being posted by manipulating the CSV file (that is being regularly updated) within Excel.

* Open the file in Excel
* Click on the first cell in column "A" that shows an "Added to List" date
* Click on "Sort & Filter" (that on my screen is an icon at the far right of the Excel banner next to "Find & Seek"
* Pick "Sort Newest to Oldest"

The table will be sorted with the newest releases at the top.

EDIT I also just noticed that this tip is noted in the CSV file on line 14. Guess I'm just slow on the uptake!
Posted by: Mr_Sukebe

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-05-05 17:53

Quick question on the MQA list chaps.
With the 1.5 Roon update, signed up for a Tidal trial.
Had a look in Masters and added all of those to my Library, such that I can easily search for them.

I couldn't help but notice that as of today, the count was 428.
Is that correct, or is there a whole bunch of MQA encoded albums that are simply not correctly tagged by Tidal?
Posted by: Ratbert

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-05-05 17:55

There are a lot more, I find looking at the new ‘versions’ tab I see MQA versions of albums not listed in Tidal masters, not sure why?
Posted by: VirusKiller

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-05-05 18:49

Originally Posted By Mr_Sukebe
I couldn't help but notice that as of today, the count was 428.
The TIDAL Masters list is a curated list of MQA titles.

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-05-06 14:30

Apologies for sounding thick, but what do you mean by curated?
Posted by: Mr Meridian

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-05-06 16:03

It's a list or collection that someone else has compiled for you, supposedly someone with expertise in their field. Spin doctor language if you ask me eg a museum or art collection curator, and it's to give the impression of high value to both tbe content and the 'authority' who has made the selection.

Cheers

George

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-05-06 19:05

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated.

Not sure how that relates to confirmation of whether the 428 is considered accurate or not.
My assumption is not.

With the excel list that I've seen attached (and my thanks to those who update it), does anyone know if there's an easy way to import a unique ID for the albums mentioned into Roon, such that I can import them easily into my library, i.e. without needing to do it one at a time.
Posted by: Mtns

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-05-07 03:15

The 428 is the number of albums on the curated list presented by Tidal. Your assumption is correct - the total is a lot more as evidenced by the excel list. I may have missed it, but I don’t think bulk import has been discussed.
Posted by: ncpl

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-05-07 07:37

You curate a playlist, i.e. you add songs to a playlist.

Master and MQA are not automatically linked.

MQA titles have to be added to a group called Master. In other words somebody has to manage (curate) that process.

Roon recently added a feature (not unlike the author of the MQA list uses) to properly identify MQA as opposed to the Tidal Masters.

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-05-07 16:51

Nick>
That function sounds useful. So is there an equivalent of "focus" within Roon such that I can identify MQA albums in Tidal?
I've very much tried looking for one, but it's rather eluded me so far.
Posted by: Cliff.

Re: Regarding the Most Complete MQA list. - 2018-05-07 17:18

Within Roon, there is the 'Versions' tab which is visible when you open up an album and look at the track list. That tab should tell you if there is an MQA version of the album in question.