Roon 1.6 released

Posted by: Ratbert

Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-22 12:21

Hi All

Significant Roon update released today well worth having a read of the Roon Release Notes.

Something to consider is that I hear quite a lot of noise that the Roon lifetime licence may not be available for much longer? This is just my feeling based on what I hear, I have no inside knowledge. This may not be an issue for you but if you are considering moving from Sooloos to Roon it would be a shame to miss out?

Russ
Posted by: VirusKiller

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-22 15:18

Not sure where that info comes from Russ. It's always possible that we will choose to remove the lifetime license, but this was posted by Danny 11 days ago:

Originally Posted By Danny Dulai, Roon COO
It comes up every 3 months of whether we should kill it. But it never goes anywhere… don’t know what the future holds here. I think we are due for another conversation at the end of the month smile

Link
Posted by: Gerard

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-22 21:18

It is a bit like crying wolf someday in the future it will happen when Roon has grown enough to be sustained by a renewable subscription format.

Given the comparative pricing between yearly and lifetime it is a no brainer, so for those sitting on the fence my advice get it while you can.

Gerard.
Posted by: Kswanson

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-22 22:33

Agreed. I upgraded a couple of months ago.

Ken
Posted by: 3dit0r

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-22 23:45

First of all thanks to all the Roon developers for another release - clearly a lot of hard work in this one.

Secondly, the comment above has reminded me I meant to ask what happens if you want to move from a yearly to lifetime sub? E.g., if you just renewed a yearly sub, do you get the remainder of that off if you upgrade to a yearly, or is it best to wait until your next subscription renewal month?
Posted by: Mr Meridian

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-22 23:52

Yes, they will credit unused months against the cost of the lifetime subscription. Despite my Luddite tendencies expressed in other threads, I actually upgraded last summer!

Cheers

George

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-23 00:09

Thanks!
Posted by: VirusKiller

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-23 10:13

Originally Posted By Mr Meridian
Yes, they will credit unused months against the cost of the lifetime subscription. Despite my Luddite tendencies expressed in other threads, I actually upgraded last summer!
Good man George wink Strictly, I believe we credit unused months of the *current* annual subscription, so if you're in your third year, you won't get credit for the first two years. That would be an insane business decision!

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-23 10:24

Haha, yes, I assumed that would be the case - I wouldn't expect to be credited for months I've already used, just not waste months if I were able to upgrade to Lifetime earlier than my next subscription renewal date.
Posted by: Cliff.

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-23 12:08

Nice update. But, who changed the positions of the keep\reject buttons on the playlist selection? I keep going into autopilot and hit the wrong one frown
Posted by: Ecoutez

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-24 18:44

Pleased with the update from initial impressions.

I particularly like how it is now possible to see all the different Versions of an album including Tidal and Qobuz. So I can compare my various versions (masterings) of an album with the MQA Master if it exists and also the Qobuz hi-res where available. A shame the 218s only go up to 96kHz on the Qobuz but it's wonderful to have all this at our fingertips. Previously I had to stream Qobuz over a Rasperry Pi if wanted to check out one of their masterings.
Posted by: CMB Integrations - Bruce

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-24 20:08

I had to restart the Roon Nucleus+ in order to get it to accept the update. For me Tidal had stopped working in Roon until it updated. All is well now.
Posted by: Jeremy A-H

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-25 22:42

I'm not sure if this has changed since, but I had to request a refund when I upgraded from an annual license to perpetual. I had initially thought it would be handled automatically.
Posted by: Carl

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-25 22:45

Hi,

Nothing has changed and you shouldn’t have needed to request the refund, but I know sometimes Roon’s payment system has a hiccup.

Regards,
Carl
Posted by: Mr Meridian

Re: Roon 1.6 released - 2019-01-25 23:21

Originally Posted By Jeremy A-H
I'm not sure if this has changed since, but I had to request a refund when I upgraded from an annual license to perpetual. I had initially thought it would be handled automatically.
That was my experience too, but it fairness they sorted it immediately when I emailed them.

Cheers

George