Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Meridian - Systems
A great piece Jeremy & very interesting. Reading your journey, I was surprised at how low down the list the Diamond cables came but each step is nicely written. If you aren't too modest, would it be appropriate to add in rough costings for each
Meridian - Systems
Originally Posted By Jeremy A-HWe moved house about a year ago and now have somewhere seperate to listen to music Not sure what I should do next Have you thought about acoustic room treatment?
Hitchhikers - Meridian Equipment
Jump to new posts WTB: DSP6000 Center by Carlton9000 @ Today at 04:13

Thanks!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts RIP Siegfried Linkwitz (1935–2018) by Ruben @ Today at 01:01

An Amazing Audio Engineer passed away Obituary: Siegfried Linkwitz (1935–2018)
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker grill cloth colours by JimK @ Yesterday at 21:54

Originally Posted By MI'Very nice indeed! Well, should have mentioned speaker cables are hard to see in the photo but kindly provided by Mi'. Swallows are two way and a DIN plug is fitted, following Meridian's practice I believe.
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts My journey with Meridian (and Shunyata, AQVOX etc) by Jeremy A-H @ Yesterday at 21:45

I've recently upgraded a few bits and pieces of my Hi-Fi setup and, while some of the discussion has been on other threads, I thought I'd put in one place what I've been up to as well as how much of a difference I feel they made for anyone else who m
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: D6000 firmware by Ian @ Yesterday at 20:18

I don't know for sure but as D6000 predate the DSP's that started life with EPROM, they won't be flashable so you will need to source the appropriate chips which I think would be pretty slim unless some have been broken for parts. P Outside chance t
Meridian - Streaming
Jump to new posts Re: Meridian 210 Streamer by JobSeeker @ Yesterday at 18:55

... and here I was hoping it would be less than a 218.
Meridian - Streaming
Jump to new posts Re: Meridian 210 Streamer by CMB Integrations - Bruce @ Yesterday at 15:48

US MSRP at CEDIA was stated as $1500.00
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker grill cloth colours by Kswanson @ Yesterday at 14:59

Nice! Big improvement Jim. Ken
Meridian - Streaming
Jump to new posts Re: Meridian 210 Streamer by MagnusB @ Yesterday at 14:38

Price indication?
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker grill cloth colours by JimK @ Yesterday at 14:14

Actually "Blue Neutral" rather than white. They get dusted by me just like the other stuff in the room ... which is not often. They look just like new, I'd say. Blue neutral 2100 401 at Guildford
Meridian - Streaming
Jump to new posts Re: Meridian 210 Streamer by Jon Raines @ Yesterday at 13:56

+1 on the old 200 series still looks fab even now.
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker grill cloth colours by Jon Raines @ Yesterday at 13:53

@ Jim how does the white cloth stand up to everyday dust and dirt, do they still look pristine or was white a bad choice?
Meridian - Streaming
Jump to new posts Re: Meridian 210 Streamer by 3dit0r @ Yesterday at 13:07

I really hope you're right and that's the only reason behind the awful lack of attention to design. When the "new 200 series" products were first announced and Meridian were questioned on the design, though, wasn't there some kind of respon
Meridian - Streaming
Jump to new posts Re: Meridian 210 Streamer by JobSeeker @ Yesterday at 12:47

It seems that M are concentrating on releasing kit which is not particularly meant to be looked at and intended to appeal more to the CI market. No point adding cost for fancy casework for equipment that’s going to be in a rack / cupboard. I wonder
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts D6000 firmware by Altus @ Yesterday at 12:42

Does anyone know whether it is possible to re-flash the firmware on D6000s? I have a "pair" with one speaker on 2.2A and one 0.4D with no communication between the two.
Meridian - Streaming
Jump to new posts Re: Meridian 210 Streamer by 3dit0r @ Yesterday at 12:40

Originally Posted By MeridialienIt's on show at Cedia too : Meridian 210Another fugly box which looks like it's a circa 1994 modem; what really upsets me is that this is from a company who once won design awards. If Meridian are really that strapped
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker grill cloth colours by MI' @ Yesterday at 07:26

Very nice indeed!
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: DVD 800 buttons responding strangely by swpnt @ Yesterday at 07:16

Certainly sounds like the power supply is a little under-voltage... The levels are fairly critical, and dependent on load (i.e. number of cards). If you set the 5v rail to something between 5.1v and 5.2v you should be O.K. but do monitor over a cou
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: DVD 800 buttons responding strangely by MosfetManiac @ Yesterday at 05:13

Thanks for the suggestions, I have the unit stripped down already and sitting on the bench with all the other projects The remote control buttons respond exactly the same as button presses on the front panel, I had suspected the PSU to be honest so
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Speaker grill cloth colours by JimK @ Yesterday at 00:08

Not Meridian’s but these wood-veneer Swallows showed their age. Now with enamel semi-gloss paint and Guildford of Maine grill fabric chosen to complement the paint color, they now look as good as they sound! At least I think so, YMMV... Swallow
MQA - Related technology, products and music
Jump to new posts Re: UHQCD/MQA Discs by Evdberg @ 2018-09-17 21:53

Originally Posted By VirusKillerProbably down to FLAC tagging (or lack of it). Actually the MQA meta data is in the LSB of the 16 bits signal (at bit 0). In a 24 bits signal it is in bit 8 (so the same bit). Every sample pair gives 1 bit of meta data
Hitchhikers - Meridian Equipment
Jump to new posts FS: 501 and MSR by Lord Polbrook @ 2018-09-17 21:53

Excellent condition 501 with MSR. Looking for £285 but open to discussion. Also on eBay but would prefer a HH to appreciate. Happy to meet and deliver within reasonable distance. Please PM me for any additional info. Thanks Jon
Gallery
Jump to new posts Swallow Actives, not Meridian by JimK @ 2018-09-17 21:34

Enamel paint and Guildford of Maine grill cloth
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Who's Online
3 registered (CMB Integrations - Bruce, Koputai, Bee), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shunt5, Alen65, MosfetManiac, BruceDuB, WBSV
4665 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
CMB Integrations - Bruce 22
Jon Raines 22
VirusKiller 19
MrTechGuy 18
Not'arf 15
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12385
Fiddler 8667
ncpl 8463
Carl 7768
Ian 7521
Forum Stats
4,665 Registered Members
18 Forums
25,394 Topics
256,942 Posts

Most users ever online: 211 @ 2015-05-05 14:40
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant