Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Explorer 2 windows driver? by MagnusB @ 2 minutes 52 seconds ago

Yes I did that when I bought it. Even when I'm logged in (I can see my unit listed as registered) I can't see the drivers anywhere. I only get a question to fill in my address, and then that takes me to a list of dealers.
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Explorer 2 windows driver? by dpstjp @ 17 minutes 0 seconds ago

Have you registered the Explorer with M? I seem to remember some drivers are available that way.
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Explorer 2 windows driver? by MagnusB @ Today at 18:58

I tried to locate it on the Meridian web page but can't find it anywhere. Do I really need to contact a dealer to get a windows driver?
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: How to describe the Meridian sound??? by 3dit0r @ Today at 18:47

Originally Posted By Chris GOriginally Posted By CMB Integrations - BruceGreatest thing about Meridian for me is that it is simply listened to without fatigue. +1 Another thing is the DSPs sound the same at any volume. My previous analogue B&W
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: How to describe the Meridian sound??? by Chris G @ Today at 18:03

Originally Posted By CMB Integrations - BruceGreatest thing about Meridian for me is that it is simply listened to without fatigue. +1 Another thing is the DSPs sound the same at any volume. My previous analogue B&W setup needed to be played l
HiFi & HT Chat
Jump to new posts Re: Recommended Killer Bass Tracks by Chris G @ Today at 17:45

Bassotronics has to be one of the ultimate sub bass experiences. Most of it is tosh, sadly. Harsh electronic sounding music mostly. Bass I Love You is probably the best known track but it isn't something I generally want to sit down and listen to.
Hitchhikers - Meridian Equipment
Jump to new posts Re: FS: DSP5200SE Pair in Gloss Black (1 year old) by ChrisLayerUK @ Today at 17:16

PM sent Chris
Jump to new posts FS: 861v4 (digital config) ++ by Markus @ Today at 17:06

For sale after upgrade to v8: much-loved 861v4 - offers wanted from a good home! Full working order with top cosmetics - photos on request. Black finish. I am the 2nd owner, bought from Sevenoaks/Reading in June 2011, s/n 100804. Equipped for a d
Jump to new posts FS:861v4 LPSU by Steven01 @ Today at 16:12

Hi Here for sale is my Meridian 861v4 with a new LPSU fitted, list of cards fitted below:- IE42 SL0 C00 IA00 OA13 x 2 OE12 Power Cable Unit is in excellent condition. Also have a Meridian 800v4 with new power supply and drive from Meridian for sa
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: 818v3 as preamp by 3dit0r @ Today at 14:12

Originally Posted By JCDI can only speak with respect to my 808v6, however, this is broadly equivalent to 813v3 - used with analogue M60s, simply superb, best the M60s have ever sounded. I am sure that the newer DSPs would be better overall, however
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: 818v3 as preamp by 3dit0r @ Today at 14:08

I've tried analogue speakers, as well as my DSPs, fed from my 818v3. Basically the 818v3 analogue outputs are of sufficient quality to make it a world class DAC - quality will be much more limited by your choice of analogue amp and speakers. I perso
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: How to describe the Meridian sound??? by ChrisLayerUK @ Today at 14:06

I agree that enjoying good live music on a regular basis, along with maybe playing an instrument if you can, does keep you grounded in what things should sound like. That’s my touch stone anyway... By good I mean properly presented with a great s
Meridian - Systems
I agree with Tarik that the first thing I would look at on 20-year old DSPs is getting them serviced and replacing caps/tweeters. I would caution you not to undertake this yourself unless you really know what you are doing, though - I know a certain
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: How to describe the Meridian sound??? by 3dit0r @ Today at 13:51

Originally Posted By CMB Integrations - BruceExcellent, glad you are enjoying it. Greatest thing about Meridian for me is that it is simply listened to without fatigue. This. Having lived with various Meridian DSPs and processors for several years
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Small Room Home Theater by Gianni @ Today at 10:42

Agreed. With a 5500HC you may find yourself managing deleterious problems with the potentially overwhelming bass. With a 5200HC you should be able to tune it in by careful selection of bass distribution options. In my experience the 5200HC is not t
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Small Room Home Theater by 3dit0r @ Today at 10:10

I agree, 5200HC would be a closer tonal match to the 5200 mains, not 5500HC. Make sure you set up the sub to reinforce the bass of the smaller centre channel, I think that will help. As mentioned, I think you’ll be fine for movies, but e.g., trif
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: UHD722 - Issue with new cable box by Sapiens @ Today at 09:01

Hello I was able to resolve my issue with my new cable box and plasma. I bought a Splitter HDMI, SOWTECH(TM) Répartiteur 2 Ports 1x2 https://www.amazon.com/SOWTECH-Splitter-Version-Powered-Duplicated/dp/B01CCMOMM0 and it solved my HDCP or what
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Small Room Home Theater by dpstjp @ Today at 08:45

Finding a 5500HC may be a challenge. Perhaps the 5200HC may be closer? Early ones can be had for not much money.
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Small Room Home Theater by Gwho @ Today at 03:59

Aib01, Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on the 5000 center channel. I believe others have voiced a similar opinion. I wonder if a 5500 center channel would be an upgrade or if it would have the same voicing issue. I am going to have to liv
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Small Room Home Theater by Gwho @ Today at 02:40

3dit0r, I will definitely ask questions if I get stuck. I appreciate the help. Gwho
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: Small Room Home Theater by Gwho @ Today at 02:36

Gcap, Thanks for the heads up. I got in contact with Bruce and will get a hd621. Gwho
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: 7.1 Discrete Channel Support by JamieB @ Today at 01:46

How about a Vanity Oppo 203? If the oppo is doing the decoding, what is the minimum processor I would need for 7.1? Is it still an 861v6?
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: UHD722 - Issue with new cable box by CMB Integrations - Bruce @ Today at 00:09

You have PM
Meridian - Systems
Jump to new posts Re: UHD722 - Issue with new cable box by JRZDRM @ Yesterday at 23:52

I too am having issues with my HD722 and cable. I believe that I’ve isolated for all other aspects (ie. HDMI cables, TV, etc.). Using 861v8 for processor in this zone, 8KSE’s + 7200HCSE. Current Issues: [*]> 2:15 minute lag time to get T
Jump to new posts Re: FS: Multiple Meridian Equipment by Sparoz @ Yesterday at 22:56

Thanks for all the interest in the UHD722, but it has to be sold as a package with the 861v8 for now until the 861v8 is sold.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Who's Online
10 registered (AnalogueMan, CMB Integrations - Bruce, AudioImages - Rick, Jetblast, ChrisLayerUK, Gianni), 48 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Cinema_Guy, gmamarov, AnalogueMan, Fravilaro, MadScientist
4688 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
CMB Integrations - Bruce 31
3dit0r 28
ChrisLayerUK 26
Gwho 25
Mr Meridian 24
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12413
Fiddler 8667
ncpl 8470
Carl 7790
Ian 7568
Forum Stats
4,688 Registered Members
18 Forums
25,600 Topics
258,292 Posts

Most users ever online: 211 @ 2015-05-05 14:40
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant