logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Thread Like Summary
Ian D, Richard in Chicago
Total Likes: 2
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Carl
Carl
Hi Norway,

I have no insider info re. Meridian, however, I would strongly consider switching to Roon as it supports the Sooloos network protocol and thus could stream all your Meridian/Sooloos zones.

It also opens the door to support non-Meridian zones as well.

Regards,
Carl
Liked Replies
by ncpl
ncpl
I agree Neil. These two images speak for themselves on that point.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If this is all you need to use then it works just the same.

I really struggle to understand as a disadvantage any additional functionality that I have no interest in and are not forced to use.
The computers, tablets and phones that forum members use to access this forum have masses of functionality users don't use. This forum does. Your car probably does. None of these are described in such terms.

One thing I just don't see mentioned enough in the discussion here is PRICE.

Imagine that Sooloos and Roon were viable purchase options when we all jumped on board.

Sooloos typical entry point - C15 plus MS600 = £4750 + £1750 = £6500

Roon typical entry point - Roon lifetime licence £700 + standard NUC £370* + £1750 MS600** (to keep the case the same) = £2850

Are people really suggesting that they would opt for Sooloos in a side-by-side functionality and price comparison ?

No, please give me the system with just the basics that only ever works with one system and let me pay £3000+ more for that.

Really ?

I understand the annoyance comes here BECAUSE folks paid the £6500.

* assuming you don't use the PC that you use for getting onto HH
** or whatever endpoint you have or want (£40 rPi, brand x,y,z upto £10,000 808.3)
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
2 members (Colin Triggs, TKimages), 184 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.273s Queries: 10 (0.259s) Memory: 0.7218 MB (Peak: 2.2160 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 16:36:40 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS