Originally Posted by colin
Unfortunately it seems that others are getting the same run around so I thought I should share my experience

Here is a selection of emails I have received from Gary
Thanks for this Colin, nice to have some information.

Originally Posted by colin
...
I apologize for the delays with this, we are using a source for a higher quality region free kit which has not arrived yet, that is the cause of the delays

...

Sorry Colin, thought you were on the Australian PB, your order will be shipping this time next week, would be sooner but we are having a hard time getting our region free hardware provider to cough up our order that should have been here 2+ weeks ago, funny we are full up of Oppo stock which is the opposite of what I would have guessed 2 weeks ago

...

we have had problem after problem with suppliers and this and that, I won't get into the full details with you on that

...

He has not responded since then and now seems to have new supplier problems!

I let you judge for yourselves
You know, I've been through one-man shows before and it's confusing to me why Gary is making it so hard on himself when the solution is so simple: he just needs to update us here about the latest delays. A brief post every week or so would be sufficient. For example, I just received a pair of speakers I ordered two years after I paid for them, but the reason I kept my peace was that he was always very forthcoming with the reasons for the delay. There were financial issues, personal issues, supplier issues, poor business decisions ... it didn't matter as long as we were apprised of the situation. The reasons were certainly embarrassing, but all his customers were reasonably comfortable because he was so candid.

If it was just a supplier problem for the region mod or clock or whatever else, why can't Gary just tell us? Silence is not golden in this case.