Originally Posted by rogerwalk
After numerous unsuccessful attempts via email to Gary's site or here and offering direct telephone contact to clarify the shipment situation, I canceled my order and payment of May 15 as you suggested. As a consequence Gary barred me from further business with him. So I am not in the waiting list of the eight anymore. I hope the other seven will receive their modded players soon.
What have you done to warrant banning? Waiting 2 months for a unit to be shipped? Seems to be very reasonable to cancel after this period of time especially when all attempts to contact Gary in a reasonable manner have failed.

It seems to me very short sighted banning you for future purchases. This attitude has not only lost you as a future buyer, but probably influence many others on here as well I am sure - I was thinking of a modified region free Oppo myself but will, when the time is right, now buy in the UK and not from Gary. No wonder that so few people have taken Gary up on his original offer - I am sure that most people would have wanted to see a how the units performed and if there are any reliability issues before committing to purchase.

If that was here in the UK, Roger would probably have the law on his side for breach of contract (not providing goods or services within a reasonable amount of time) and Jim would have the legal right of a full refund for a non working player, let alone being able to send it back after 7 days for no reason at all.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).