Gary, here`s a modded proposal that includes a generous offer of Shawn to look at and repair his board if repair is needed. The idea was further developed in a conversation with KSwanson who has your modded 4xSPDIF Oppo.

1. I will ship the Oppo out tomorrow to Shawn.

2. I`ll include a couple of CDs that have failed to play plus your Bluray Laura Croft test disk

3. On arrival (est July 23) and at his convenience, Shawn will confirm that the Oppo works as Gary claims, or it fails as I've experienced

5. If it passes this test, we three will talk (probably after July 29) to determine why it plays at his place and yours but not mine and we`ll decide the next step

6. If it fails, Shawn will mod the transceiver board and retest

7. If it passes, he`ll ship it back to me with the test cds

8. If it fails, he will ship it to you with the test cds for further testing and repairs.

At all points you retain accountability for service of the Oppo under your published agreement with HHers where you said you`ll cover us for 6 months or up to twelve. It`s important to me that you agree to this future responsibility, which is yours today, so that Shawn assumes no future responsibility in this to you or me for his inspection and potential repair of his board.

9. If you ship to me following step 8 and it does not plug and play correctly, then you`ll refund my payment in full without further discussion.

The expectation, I think by all of us, is that the fault is fixed at step 6, the box comes back to me at step 7 and I can do the listening tests with modded Oppo into Meridian`s 861/DSPs that we anticipated from the beginning.

I need your OK by tomorrow afternoon so I can get it to UPS. Otherwise, I`m away for 10 days. It will be good to put this behind us.

Let me know if you agree. Thanks JimK


Roon, Technics SL10 turntable, Meridian 218, Jolida tube DAC, Nuforce STA 200 Amp and passive Swallow Acoustics ALS2 speakers