Originally Posted by Simon
A fellow Connecticun!

Sound quality via Bluray lossless formats through my modified Oppo BDP-83 are much better than the same titles via DVD from my Oppo 980. Easily heard!

I still have to try DVD-A on the BDP-83, but I'll do that shortly and report back on comparisons to 800. Not sure what you mean by 7.1 music as all Meridian players can output 5.1 max.

Simon, glad you're part of the great state of CT - "The Constitution State".

You're right, Meridian players output 5.1 and I have a 7.1 setup-so I guess the G68 must "create" the side channel sound with the algorithms in their presets.

On the Bluray TrueHD / DTS-HD MA formats, I wonder if the Oppo allows you to switch audio codecs for playback on the same disc - from lossless to tradition DTS "lossy" so you can do an accurate A/B comparison.

Look forward to your DVDA review and following your comments on this board.

Cheers,
Gautam

Last edited by gautam27; 2009-06-02 12:00.

G68J & a modified OPPO 83.