Originally Posted by rogerwalk
On another issue: I saw the earlier discussion of the requirement NOT to use balanced power for the Oppo BRD-83 (modded or not). I just went through the ordeal (and significant cost) of connecting all my AV equipment to a single balanced power source (Equitech 7.5RQ). If the modded Oppo I ordered from Gary cannot be plugged into this circuit, it will with high probability have a ground loop and disturbing hum. So I am asking Gary, if he can provide a grounding post on the Oppo he is modifying for me, so I can ground it to the Equitech power station. Maybe an additional grounding post is a feature others, who have balanced power for their setup, will also need and Gary could add this to his basket of modding choices. Hope that does not add a lot of cost for the units. Gary, I would appreciate you commenting whether my unit will have such a grounding post.

Roger


I don't understand why the Oppo cannot use balanced power. I went through the Oppo manual and I also searched the big AVS thread and there was no such caveats. If the original Oppo can accept balanced power I'd think the modded one could too. From my experience I have not found any a/v components that cannot use balanced power, although there are probably some out there. Power conditioners are another matter and one must check with the manufacturer.

Since my system is all balanced power it would be disappointing if the Oppo could not use it and would mean I could not order one.