Hi guys,
When I stared to set up mine Edge I had some issue on the audio Input/output section. It was a banal HW problem which I easily sorted up with the help of Gary.
Knowing DVDO products (I owned HD and HD+) I easily set up video. Picture is stunning, a step ahead compared to HD+ even those with less flexibility as known, but I can live with.
Let me stay on the audio mod. It works perfectly on multichannel connected to G68-MD2 section - Audio from BD player (Panasonic DMP-BD60 for the time being) flows perfectly - all HD audio formats are duly transferred as PCM to G68 which select "MUSIC6" layout and the result is exciting.
Unfortunately I'd prefer have the chance to get "MOVIE6", due to a different bass management set-up toward "MUSIC", but metadata aren't managed here and the manual selection is known not possible.
I refrain for any audio performances comparison judgment for the time being, since I should spend more time to compare with standard bitstream configuration as well with G98...
I have an issue related to G68 for sure and I hope some mate here could help me:
I've inserted a Phantom source of the EDGE setting it up for two channel layout assigning D2 input (the L/R of the MD2), this to make G68 to select "MUSIC2" and the two channels DSP availability, therefore exploiting the possibility to listen two channel movies from SD satellite, here coded in Dolby Surround.
Everything was initially (yesterday) working perfectly "MUSIC2" was getting selected from G68 and "PLII Movie" DSP was operating as per my set-up.
Well, today I don't succeed to make this works as due and as it was yesterday. Suddenly Instead of "MUSIC2", G68 insists to shows "2-Ch 48K" (never seen before), but no way to get sound from the speakers.
I've checked the G68 configuration again in case, even though nothing has been touched, but everything seems OK and.... I'm getting mad.
It's likely a stupid problem, but any suggestion will be welcome indeed.
Tanks guys
Ermanno
_______________________________________________________________________________
MY KIT: G68ADV(1.44)-G98DH(2.47)-Panasonic DMP-BD60 - Marantz MA24x4(Bi-Amp)-Marantz MA500x3-Sub AudioPro B270 -Electrovoice Sentry 100A- Sonus faber centre surrounds- DVDO EDGE -Panasonic 42PHD8- HTP(self assembled)& Accessories